Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChangeMyName
Paper Tape
Views: 604
Message 1 of 2

Motorola Droid Turbor 2 Warranty Bait and Switch

Motorola is a bunch of scam artists. In 2016, I purchased a Droid Turbo 2 after seeing their advertisements for their unbreakable screen. They advertised a warranty lasting for 4 years that was shown on CNet, advertised at Verizon, and even to this day is mentioned by Verizon salespeople. 

KariMoto, a Motorola rep on this site, even commented about the 4 year warranty:

https://www.motorola.com/us/Moto-Shattershield/moto-shattershield.html

The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of purchase; scratches or other damage to the protective lens is not covered by this warranty, but should always be in place to prevent scratches and other damage to the underlying components. This phone is not shockproof or designed to withstand all damage from dropping. All other warranty exclusions, including scratches and other cosmetic damage, intentional damage or abuse, normal wear and tear and other limitations apply.

CNet's comments are found here:

https://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-banks-on-battery-durability-with-droid-maxx-2-droid-turbo-2/

Now, only 2 years after I bought my Droid Turbo 2, I look down at the phone and half the screen stops working. I did not crack it, I didn't hit it on anything, and there is no major wear that shows I did anything physical to it to cause this harm. It spontaneously decided to stop working. I contacted Motorola and they are now playing the bait and switch game saying they only have a 12 month warranty now on that phone. 

When do the lies stop, or do I need to pursue a lawsuit?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 588
Message 2 of 2

Re: Motorola Droid Turbor 2 Warranty Bait and Switch

@ChangeMyName wrote:

Motorola is a bunch of scam artists. In 2016, I purchased a Droid Turbo 2 after seeing their advertisements for their unbreakable screen. They advertised a warranty lasting for 4 years that was shown on CNet, advertised at Verizon, and even to this day is mentioned by Verizon salespeople. 

KariMoto, a Motorola rep on this site, even commented about the 4 year warranty:

https://www.motorola.com/us/Moto-Shattershield/moto-shattershield.html

The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of purchase; scratches or other damage to the protective lens is not covered by this warranty, but should always be in place to prevent scratches and other damage to the underlying components. This phone is not shockproof or designed to withstand all damage from dropping. All other warranty exclusions, including scratches and other cosmetic damage, intentional damage or abuse, normal wear and tear and other limitations apply.

CNet's comments are found here:

https://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-banks-on-battery-durability-with-droid-maxx-2-droid-turbo-2/

Now, only 2 years after I bought my Droid Turbo 2, I look down at the phone and half the screen stops working. I did not crack it, I didn't hit it on anything, and there is no major wear that shows I did anything physical to it to cause this harm. It spontaneously decided to stop working. I contacted Motorola and they are now playing the bait and switch game saying they only have a 12 month warranty now on that phone. 

When do the lies stop, or do I need to pursue a lawsuit?

Hi.

While we recognize that you are disappointed, it's not clear why you are making this claim. Your lens and display have not cracked or shattered, and protecting against that is the promise of the four-year warranty. As it says above, all other warranty exclusions apply. 

We do expect all forum members to follow our site rules, including those about multiple postings and usernames.

If you want to have the phone repaired we can work with you on that. Let me know if you want an agent to reach out about a non-warranty repair.

- Matt

forums manager

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors