Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SglGrma
Token Ring
Views: 5,028
Message 11 of 19

Re: Nougat 7.0 battery drain

Mine did that afterwards as well ... try this before doing a factory reset.  

@Mon73 wrote:

@Moto_Anne wrote:

@Mon73 wrote:

Anyone having issues with battery drain after the 7.0 update? I'm noticing a significant difference in comparison to 6.0. My phone was at 40% by the time I left work yesterday and typically was in the 70's at that time of day with 6.0. My battery is showing "Android OS" as the culprit. It seems to be the same issue as the Nexus devices were having initially with Nougat. Anyway, just curious if anyone is having this issue right off the bat. Hopefully, a factory reset will address this which I plan on doing this weekend.

Hi Mon73, 

Battery drain is common after updating your phone to the latest update as it requires more battery to successfully complete its update. We suggest customers to observe their phone for days about this behavior and see if there will be some improvement.

You can do a clear cache partition to see if it works.

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

Ok, I will monitor it over the next few days and see if it improves. I already cleared the cache partition. I generally do that immediately after any update.

Thanks!!!

Hold power button in until the phone shuts off by itself.  It will reboot and then watch to see if your battery still drains faster

donna24
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,002
Message 12 of 19

Clear cache partition process is the same for Android 7. I used it to see if it would help with a different issue.
libbyrns
Paper Tape
Views: 4,622
Message 13 of 19

That's right! Update the support documents

sas96
Serial Port
Views: 3,789
Message 14 of 19

@Mon73 wrote:

Anyone having issues with battery drain after the 7.0 update? I'm noticing a significant difference in comparison to 6.0. My phone was at 40% by the time I left work yesterday and typically was in the 70's at that time of day with 6.0. My battery is showing "Android OS" as the culprit. It seems to be the same issue as the Nexus devices were having initially with Nougat. Anyway, just curious if anyone is having this issue right off the bat. Hopefully, a factory reset will address this which I plan on doing this weekend.

Check out this solution and see if it helps:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Fix-Battery-Drain-Issue-in-Moto-G5-Plus/m-p/369381...

Regards,
sas96
Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 3,776
Message 15 of 19

@sas96 wrote:

@Mon73 wrote:

Check out this solution and see if it helps:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Fix-Battery-Drain-Issue-in-Moto-G5-Plus/m-p/369381...

I resolved my battery issues (and several other issues) with a factory reset not long after my original post. The reset of my app preferences helped out considerably, but the factory reset was the key.

Jerome_
Paper Tape
Views: 2,949
Message 16 of 19

I am having Moto G4 plus 32 GB and I am having a sudden battery drain nowadays.. It is not because of Wifi.. I switched off Wifi and bluetooth scanning.. Next to Screen.. Cell standby is consuming a lot.. Anybody facing this issue?
Syed_2239
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,894
Message 17 of 19

Re: Nougat 7.0 battery drain please help

Hi I have updated nougat 7.1.1version in India before it was 7.0.1 the battery is working fine 10+ hours after update with nougat7.1.1 my battery is draining rapidly when the phone is idle and awake ,I have done factory reset , battery optimisation, animation control ,WiFi control wipe cahche partition,but roblem still persist while writing this post I have lost 10% of battery please help out

@Moto_Anne wrote:

@Mon73 wrote:

Hi Mon73, 

Battery drain is common after updating your phone to the latest update as it requires more battery to successfully complete its update. We suggest customers to observe their phone for days about this behavior and see if there will be some improvement.

You can do a clear cache partition to see if it works.

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

Regards 

Syed

Bikash29
Paper Tape
Views: 1,117
Message 18 of 19

I am also facing the same problem, am using the android nougut 7.0. during night I had 30 percentage charge in my phone before going to bed , but when I woke up my battery was almost drained. I hope further update can fix this problem.

WishesX
Paper Tape
Views: 747
Message 19 of 19

Battery life nonexistent

I have a Droid Turbo 2. The phone was barely a year old when the Nougat Update came out. After the update, it dies while displaying 68%, won't Turbo Charge, dies plugged in saying it's charging, among a heap of other battery issues. You guys all know the ones because anyone that has a Motorola phone is experiencing them. It's widespread across multiple devices. All we get is "factory reset... Calibrate the battery, etc etc. I propose a CLASS ACTION lawsuit. Motorola/Lenovo is well aware of these issues and refuse to do anything about them. They won't even acknowledge them when speaking of "known issues" while comment after comment references them. Car companies have recalls to fix issues, why not phone companies be held responsible in like manner? Who's with me?