Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaximillianC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,144
Message 81 of 217

Re: Nougat Update Issues

I've gotta say, I know there are people who insist that performing upgrades of OSes is a bad idea, but I'm on the fence about the assertion that using OS upgrade functionality is basically a "bad idea", and that we should do "fresh installs" each new OS release, rather than upgrades. The upgrade function is there for a good reason (to save us a lot of time), and, personally, I have saved DOZENS of hours over the years of reinstalling and reconfiguring by upgrading the OSes of my PCs (whether it be Windows or OS X), rather than reinstalling.... and have never really had any major problems doing so. In fact, I upgraded my main PC all the way from Windows 95 to Windows 7 without any major issues. Smiley Happy With a few exceptions, upgrades should work, and we shouldn't give OS manufacturers a pass by saying otherwise. Not trying to be disagreeable; just cautioning against inferring that, we, as users, should reinstall the OS each OS upgrade, rather than upgrading our smart phones and/or PC's. Smiley Happy Upgrades should (and do, generally) work. And the onus should be on the OS manufacturers to give us upgrade functionality that results in an OS that is just as stable as if we had done a fresh install. That's just my 2(0) cents on that. :-p
Highlighted
MaximillianC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,531
Message 82 of 217

Also, I use Rerware My Backup Pro as well... but it also does not back up app data for a lot of apps--especially when your phone is not rooted (which I couldn't find free, reputable instructions to do for the Turbo OR the Turbo 2 last I looked).
mrmagloo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,490
Message 83 of 217

I'd have to agree with the rest. Nougat has been a disaster.  While some of the new features are nice, I'm sick to death about the lag and the overheating when using it as a Nav with the recommended Turbo Car Charger.  I mean, if that's the only charger that will keep the battery level or above, you would think the phone would manage the power flow so that the it stays within reasonable heat levels. ISn't that a logical expectation?  And the lag, OMG, sitting and waiting 5 seconds for button pushes to result in anything is mind numbing. What was a pretty decent phone with Marshmallow has turned into an epic dud.

After 30 years using Motorola cell phones going back to the car trunk mounts, this is about it.  Lenovo has pretty well sucked the life out of this company. Imho, Motorola died long ago.  While Samsung is terrible about not updating OS, Imho, after this disaster, it's seeming to be not such a bad idea.  I've never had anything but Moto over the years, but seems every update is just too painful to bear. Should you really have to spend literally hours, and hours of research and trial and effort to get your phone running normal again - And then, there's a good chance you will never recover?  I'm going on 3 months now and frankly, in November, 7 months from now, this thing goes in the garbage anyway. What a great experience -- NOT!

Pixeljockey
Paper Tape
Views: 1,440
Message 84 of 217

Can not get phone to turbo charge..

@BobFire wrote:

Thank you for the update!!!!

dominusdemonum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,429
Message 85 of 217

@Pixeljockey wrote:

@BobFire wrote:

Charging has been very erratic after Nougat update. I have 3 turbo chargers - 2.1-2.4 Amp. The phone randomly shows "Turbo charging", not consistently. Sometimes it even says "Slow charging. Use the original cable etc..." Before the Nougat update, 1 Amp chargers used to work - slowly, but they did work. Now the phone DIScharges on 1 Amp chargers. I've bought a truckload of branded chargers, but the phone behaves so inconsistently, I can't say what works and what doesn't.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,422
Message 86 of 217

@dominusdemonum wrote:

@Pixeljockey wrote:

@BobFire wrote:

Charging has been very erratic after Nougat update. I have 3 turbo chargers - 2.1-2.4 Amp. The phone randomly shows "Turbo charging", not consistently. Sometimes it even says "Slow charging. Use the original cable etc..." Before the Nougat update, 1 Amp chargers used to work - slowly, but they did work. Now the phone DIScharges on 1 Amp chargers. I've bought a truckload of branded chargers, but the phone behaves so inconsistently, I can't say what works and what doesn't.

Sounds like apps running and draining battery faster then slower chargers can replenish.  

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
dominusdemonum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,417
Message 87 of 217

@AlphaDog wrote:

@dominusdemonum wrote:

@Pixeljockey wrote:

@BobFire wrote:

Sounds like apps running and draining battery faster then slower chargers can replenish.  

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

I don't have anything new on my phone since the update. In fact, I've uninstalled many apps that I suspected were draining my battery. The fact still remains that Turbo chargers sometimes "turbo" charge, sometimes charge normally, and sometimes show "Slow charging".

doogald
802.11n
Views: 1,410
Message 88 of 217

@AlphaDog wrote:

@dominusdemonum wrote:

@Pixeljockey wrote:

@BobFire wrote:

On a Turbo 2, it sounds more like it could be this issue: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-2-by-Motorola/Turbo-2-won-t-charge/td-p/3261260

dominusdemonum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,407
Message 89 of 217

@doogald wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@dominusdemonum wrote:

@Pixeljockey wrote:

@BobFire wrote:

On a Turbo 2, it sounds more like it could be this issue: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-2-by-Motorola/Turbo-2-won-t-charge/td-p/3261260

I'm afraid I can't go through all 58 pages. Could you point to the page which has the solution? I have hard reset my phone several times since the update, it has not changed its behavior.

doogald
802.11n
Views: 1,401
Message 90 of 217

It doesn't take reading through 58 pages - you'll see the solution after a few pages. The solution, if a factory data reset doesn't help, is to get a warranty replacement if the phone is still under warranty. It's some sort of hardware failure.