Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 12,686
Message 1 of 217

Nougat Update Issues

Hello everyone. 

We appreciate all the feedback you've provided about the Nougat update for the Droid Turbo 2. We're aware of the following reports and have put the update on hold while we are investigating them.

Android Pay
Playing/Downloading movies from Netflix and Play Movies
SD Card issues (booting, rebooting,  possible SD Card corruption)
Camera issues when setting the screen size to small or large
Gallery issues
Bluetooth connection issues

If you're seeing any other issues, after updating, please let me know. 

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
BobFire
WWAN
Views: 12,458
Message 2 of 217

Re: Nougat Update Issues

Thank you for the update!!!!

BOB

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Views: 12,368
Message 3 of 217

I've been having these problems too, I didn't put it together that it could be the update.  But yes, it started after the update.  Duh....so much for paying attention!  I'm glad this is being looked into (and hopefully fixed!).

Ftiffen
What's DOS?
Views: 12,316
Message 4 of 217

Since the update, Optimum app (Cablevision) keeps crashing.  Touchdown email app freezes, doesn't search properly and is very sluggish.  Sometimes the screen goes white. Overall the phone is now functioning slow and buggy.

Ven
What's DOS?
Views: 12,273
Message 5 of 217

When I use the volume control buttons to change the ringer volume, between ringing to vibrate to silent, it works but sometimes it doesn't go into vibrate mode . It goes from ringing to silent mode directly, skipping the vibrate mode when I use the volume down button. Because of that, I miss few calls or txts from vibrating. It happens randomly. I usually wait for a while, then increase the volume and reduce it again to make the vibration mode work again. I try rebooting the phone but it doesn't help. It has to work by itself after a while. Please advise. Thanks.

MTF
Punch Card
Views: 12,249
Message 6 of 217

I see you didn't add:

1) Not charging fast while using phone

2) Not charging in Turbo mode

3) Sometimes doesn't charge at all

4) Doesn't say Turbo mode in the commander clock widget, well it goes no and off

5) Wall and Auto Turbo chargers start flashing fast, have to unplug and plug the mini USB back to phone to stop the flashing

I have two TD2's, four Turbo wall chargers, four Turbo auto chargers. ( all Verizon brand)

Never had a problem until Nougat

Added on 3/19/2017

I just found out that my wife's Droid Turbo did a system update on 3/7/2017 and she just informed me that she is having the same issues.

So that's three Droids, 6 wall chargers and 5 car chargers.

This a software problem, no doubt now, what is the next step to get this resolved?

I guess I could write up an email to the news media like "on your side" to all netwoks.

Calling Verizion and talking to tier2 tech support only got me an answer that, "it's Google that writes the software so it's not Verizon's fualt". LOL

Andrew_Moe
Paper Tape
Views: 12,215
Message 7 of 217

Using an OTG micro-USB cable, I connect a USB-powered DAC to power my headphones, playing FLAC audio files using the foobar2000 app.

My Motorola Turbo 2 was an awesome solution to my iPod not supporting FLAC.

After the Nougat update, unfortunately, the same audio files began to click, skip, and glitch after just a few moments of the screen being turned off. I tried to disable all battery optimizations manually that may be affecting this-- but that did not help. I even went to the lengths of disabling every single one. My DAC worked fine on my tablet, as well as computer. In addition, it also removed much of the volume control I had, now with 100% volume being an average music level (whereas I used to max out around 50% with my DAC active).  Last note, I had always closed all other running apps and put my phone in airplane mode while listening, both before and after the update.

I am still under warranty so I had VZW send me a replacement that is pre-Nougat, and the music is sounding great again! I hope Motorola or Google can address users like myself in the future who may use a high-powered accessory with their device but do not want any type of throttling on its performance.

DAH135
What's DOS?
Views: 12,164
Message 8 of 217

Very slow and laggy since update. Keyboard is unresponsive by 2 secs per click . Apps are force closing on themselves. Need to be fixed soon
SBeer
What's DOS?
Views: 12,088
Message 9 of 217

Since the updat my Bluetooth has been sparatic at best. Also the phone appears to be running slower and has been freezing up while opening apps that requires reboot. The screen also appears to be less sensitive taking more firm touch or multiple touches. 

BobFire
WWAN
Views: 12,050
Message 10 of 217

@DAH135 Have you cleared the system cache? Might want to give that a try. 

1. Power off the device and unplug it.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down button. While still holding Volume Down button, press and release the Power button.
  3. Press and release the Volume Down button until you reach Recovery Mode.
  4. Press and release the Power button to select Recovery Mode. The device will restart. An image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark will appear.
  5. Press and hold the Power button, press the Volume Up button once and then release the Power button.
  6. Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the Power button to select it. If an additional confirmation screen appears, use the Volume buttons to scroll to Yes and the Power button to select it.
  7. Once the cache wipe has completed, press the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

@DAH135 wrote:
Very slow and laggy since update. Keyboard is unresponsive by 2 secs per click . Apps are force closing on themselves. Need to be fixed soon

BOB

Top Kudoed Authors