Views: 872
Message 211 of 217

Re: Nougat Update Issues

thank you for proving that you are indeed full of `'it'` 

as we say on xda proof or it didn't happen kiddo

___

heres what went down folks

guy discovers qcom tools XOR qpst 

guy assumes hes the only one on the whole wide internet to hear. of vendor service tools

guy makes very faulty assumptions about the android os and its security

guy manages to look like complete baffoon

guy attempts to defend by saying neinerineinerininer you made me mad. so I am not gonna tell you what I did.

guy gets banned from xda for being a troll

___

there is I repeat NO root for android 7.0 you can NOT get permament root on 7.0 if dm-verity is enabled without bootloader or ramdisk access period end of discussion.

you could have a emmc programer pull the chip off the board and write the su binary and then resolder it AND IT STILL WOULD'T WORK because the entire NAND is cryptographicly signed and enforced at the sbl/aboot level No bootloader access no permaroot no if and or butts. because if you manage to accually break dm-verity there are some people at the google and fbi that would write you a blank check to  know how you did it

what you can do is mount /system in a loop in memory and do your root things like busybox or buildprops there but that doesn't help because as soon as you reboot its all gone, you can save your changes to /cache or some other location and use some script-fu to automagicly reload them on everyboot, but that is NOT real root because you can't accually write anything to /system on the NAND

__

MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 839
Message 212 of 217

At first post I was merely trying to give advice on upgrading a major part of the phone wondering if that may be the reason I have not had a single issue with my DT2 especially after any OTA update from day 1 on v5.0.

You were the one who compted a " who is this jerk off attitude" thinking that I wanted to brag about what you can't accomplish. As for being banned from XDA, that's funny. I've been a member before the date they have listed from my registration. Who owns only 1 email, seriously. Mediatech, Quallcomm, Fujistu, Sanyo, Mitsubishi, STMicro, MegaChips, AMD, Agere Systems, etc, etc the list goes on & on. I've been dealing with these companies and many others for over 28 years. You think I only use what's on xda or other Android info sites. When engineering a new product or beta testing or just doing research for specific modifications, nothing beats the main source. Of course it takes more than one tool to take apart anything but there's always a first tool you grab before entering any project.

Either way sorry about mentioning " upgrading the bios on the motherboard" , Oh wait a minute, that doesn't do anything to help a operating system fix compatibility issues or performance. Notice I used terminology that even a newbie can relate to.  As for my knowlege or "rooting magic", you can call me names or try reverse sychology thinking I'm just going to give it to you, ummm NO! The one thing you are correct on is a binding legal contract. All that is a distraction from the original post. WHEN UPDATING THE OS , OTHER WRITABLE COMPONENTS SHOULD ALSO BE BROUGHT UP TO DATE or not. You could of just left a opinion or thought on the topic but instead your first response was with attitude then your second response was for jealousy. How about this time just don't post or at the least give some helpful info that even a newbie to this site could understand. My problems with this model phone was OS customizations or lack there of. Such a bla boring phone compared to it's "leading the market competitor".

Example: Amazingly high megapixel camera over others but yet no features or programs that utilize it. Like 360° virtual reality picture taking. I think the S5 came with that feature as a stock app. If it wasn't for someone on the soak tests that posted a link for a debugged version Moto camera app, I may have gotten rid of this awhile ago. Which was removed within hours. It seems like Moto likes boring features. But yet will invest a hole crap load of money for bulky stupid clip on useless crap. How about a dual purpose display. Like solar charging while yet still able to show amazing graphics. That's a feature to invest in and it doesnt add weight or size increase. Nor will it cause apps to crash. Do you work for Moto? Why did you feel offended by my first post? Did you have something to do with this boring stripped down version of Android? Tell you what I may do is give you the screen shot from my bld prps that shows the line of proof. Then we can stop the back & forth crap and maybe help these poor dt2 souls because Moto don't. Just go buy another one, yea that will fix the issue. (it just starts over with new model #). Many people as for myself still love their Droids. My xt907 still runs circles around some of these new models.

MrFoxy67
What's DOS?
Views: 791
Message 213 of 217

Hi

After updating to nougat, i have WiFi connectivity issues.

When i switch on Bluetooth WiFi is DISCONNECTED.

and when i switch on Location (Which is supposed to switched on permanently) again, WiFi is DICONNECTED.

to use WiFi smoothly both Bluetooth and Location has to be Switched OFF..

let me know if there is any other way OR update.

Regards.

MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 775
Message 214 of 217

It's amazing on this site when someone has a legit question, no one answers but if you mention 2 little words the moderators or "want to be moderators" jump real quick to deal with the ______&______ words. They'll spend the time to edit someone's post (thank you by the way) but not give you anything to try and resolve your problem.

Well, I would love to help you but the couple of things I would have you try if no one else can find a solution, would be removed before you finished reading it. So I believe there is a link somewhere on this forum that helps deal with that issue. Maybe one of the Awesome cool moderators will supply that for you. Otherwise pm me.

Mwittrig
What's DOS?
Views: 548
Message 215 of 217

Has there been any recent information released about the issue with turbo 2? I am still unable to watch Vudu on mine. No uninstall/reinstall, etc. has worked. Every contact (Vudu, Motorola) seems to have no answer.

MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 519
Message 216 of 217

I don't use or watch Vudu but either way what is the exact issue you are experiencing? I'll load the app on my DT2 and see what happens in the mean time.

MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 498
Message 217 of 217

Vudu app installed and used for 3 days with no issues at all. 

Top Kudoed Authors