Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjones73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,388
Message 91 of 217

Re: Nougat Update Issues

So I asked almost a month ago, are we getting a fix for the Nougat issues anytime soon?

I'm still having slow performance, random reboots, wifi dropping regularly, bluetooth shutting off overnight or not coming back on when the phone reboots and also stuttering during music playback with two different BT devices..

Yes I've wiped the phone back to factory twice and I've done a few cache cleans. Nothing helps. I'm ready to pay off this phone and dump it for something else so I can have a stable phone again. None of these issues existed on MM.

Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 1,772
Message 92 of 217

@mjones73 wrote:

So I asked almost a month ago, are we getting a fix for the Nougat issues anytime soon?

I'm still having slow performance, random reboots, wifi dropping regularly, bluetooth shutting off overnight or not coming back on when the phone reboots and also stuttering during music playback with two different BT devices..

Yes I've wiped the phone back to factory twice and I've done a few cache cleans. Nothing helps. I'm ready to pay off this phone and dump it for something else so I can have a stable phone again. None of these issues existed on MM.

I may be joining you. Even though the factory reset cleared up my software related issues, I'm worried that the hardware issues (green line, charging, etc.) will hit and then it will be worthless on the open market. At least it's worth something at the moment while everything is still functioning... Smiley Wink

mjones73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,769
Message 93 of 217

I don't owe much on this phone and that S8 is looking good so far though I've read they crack easily vs other phones.

avieck
Paper Tape
Views: 1,695
Message 94 of 217

Hello,

My SD Card was Corrupted after the N update and it was (still is...) encrypted.

Avi

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,690
Message 95 of 217

does your phone have the same password/ pin code it did before the update?

It's usually recommended to decrypt and remove the SD card before any updates or factory resets because the phone could lose the encryption key

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
dominusdemonum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,683
Message 96 of 217

@doogald wrote:

It doesn't take reading through 58 pages - you'll see the solution after a few pages. The solution, if a factory data reset doesn't help, is to get a warranty replacement if the phone is still under warranty. It's some sort of hardware failure.

Looks like you were correct after all. The charging port has stopped working almost entirely. I have to push the micro USB jack in really hard and hold it there for the phone to charge. It's getting worse by the minute and soon I won't be able to charge it altogether. I'm not replacing it with another Droid. I'm going for Samsung this time.

Iquebal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,360
Message 97 of 217

4g connectivity issue & Bluetooth headphones issue

ckirklin17
What's DOS?
Views: 1,285
Message 98 of 217

Hello,

I recently contacted Lenovo/Motorola support on the ongoing issues with the Nougat 7.0 update, which has caused my device's camera to no longer function properly and makes the device randomly reboot, sometimes multiple times per day.  I was told the following:

-there are no issues with the update

-since the phone is more than 1 year old, it is out of warranty and I must pay to have the phone replaced

-since the software is not made by Motorola, they are not responsible for its creation or deployment

-there is no way to downgrade to Android 6.0

This conflicts with the the following realities:

-Motorola support staff have confirmed there are issues with the update

-the update has subsequently been pulled

Since I cannot revert back to Android 6.0, and the update was pushed to my device after being certified by Motorola, how is it reasonable that after 3+ months of no patch to 7.0, I should pay to get another phone from Motorola when they deployed and then pulled the update?  If the company continues to provide software updates beyond the warranty date, then a phone user is always running the risk that an update could ruin their phone and leave them with no recourse beyond paying for a new one?

BobFire
WWAN
Views: 1,279
Message 99 of 217

This is a user forum. Try Support. Link at the top of the page. Also the update was not pulled, It was pushed out. Did you check your setting for the display size. Make sure it is default

@ckirklin17 wrote:

Hello,

I recently contacted Lenovo/Motorola support on the ongoing issues with the Nougat 7.0 update, which has caused my device's camera to no longer function properly and makes the device randomly reboot, sometimes multiple times per day.  I was told the following:

-there are no issues with the update

-since the phone is more than 1 year old, it is out of warranty and I must pay to have the phone replaced

-since the software is not made by Motorola, they are not responsible for its creation or deployment

-there is no way to downgrade to Android 6.0

This conflicts with the the following realities:

-Motorola support staff have confirmed there are issues with the update

-the update has subsequently been pulled

Since I cannot revert back to Android 6.0, and the update was pushed to my device after being certified by Motorola, how is it reasonable that after 3+ months of no patch to 7.0, I should pay to get another phone from Motorola when they deployed and then pulled the update?  If the company continues to provide software updates beyond the warranty date, then a phone user is always running the risk that an update could ruin their phone and leave them with no recourse beyond paying for a new one?

BOB

dominusdemonum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,243
Message 100 of 217