Message 11 of 217

Re: Nougat Update Issues

my wifes phone started doing this after the update also, mine hasn't yet

NR617
SCSI Port
Views: 3,073
Message 12 of 217

I haven't seen any of the issues MotorolaTom referenced, but I have seen two other recurring ones:

1) Ocassionally I'll get a notification that "Trusted Faces App" has stopped. I'll confirm the dialog and then I won't notice much different. I know the trusted faces functionality has always been a bit buggy.

2) Notifications persist on Active Display. If I'm at my computer and someone Gchats me, I'll get the notification on both my phone and computer. Before nougat, once I responded on my computer the notification would disappear on my phone since I had addressed the notification elsewhere. Now, that Gchat notification will persist on Active Display until I unlock my phone. As soon as it's unlocked, the notification disappears. The same type of thing happens with email notifications.

Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 3,039
Message 13 of 217

Most of my issues have cleared up after resetting to factory. One issue that still exists may be related to Doze. There is quite a bit of lag when waking the phone. It's bad enough and long enough to think the phone has locked up entirely. But, then it recovers and "snaps out of it". This could be an outdated app as well.

NR617
SCSI Port
Views: 3,009
Message 14 of 217

I just realized that I'm no longer able to get "Charging rapidly" or "Turbo Charging" on the home screen. I'm using the same outlet and same plug that I was pre-Nougat. It seems to be charging relatively fast, so I'm not sure if it's accurate or not.

Robtista
What's DOS?
Views: 2,954
Message 15 of 217

I installed the update before it had been pulled, but I'm relieved to find out that the camera issues when setting the screen size to small are a known issue.

I am having a separate issue that I have not seen been reported with the Moto Voice function.  Once a call is placed or answered by voice, the call automatically switches to speakerphone which it is supposed to.  However, once that happens, all calls placed with the dialer also default to the speakerphone.  The only way to undo this is to reboot the device.  The problem will occur again after reboot once another voice action has automatically enabled the speakerphone.

evildoctorwill
What's DOS?
Views: 2,851
Message 16 of 217

I am having many of these issues, along with many others that folks have mentioned in this thread. I have absolutely LOVED my Droid Turbo 2 since I picked it up after launch, I am constantly annoying my wife by telling her all the reasons why it's better than her iPhone. However, after this launch, all I'm doing is consistently getting angry at my phone.

It is slow, slugish, and at times unresponsive. Apps crash on me at least 10 times a day. When I get phone calls while I am using the phone, I have MISSED calls because it won't respond to my attempts to answser the call due to the lag. In short, this update has taken a phone which I was absolutely in love with and turned it into one step above a brick.

I see that you have pulled the update itself, but what is the fix for those of us who installed the update? Is doing a factory reset the only option? I would very much prefer to not have to reset my phone and lose everything I have on it because an update was put out that was so buggy it makes ET for Atari look like a masterpiece. 

Any and all help and/or suggestions would be greatl appreciated. I would much prefer to not have to go pick up a Samsung phone just get to get a cell that functions at a basic level.

Troy-1
HDMI
Views: 2,850
Message 17 of 217

@evildoctorwill wrote:

I am having many of these issues, along with many others that folks have mentioned in this thread. I have absolutely LOVED my Droid Turbo 2 since I picked it up after launch, I am constantly annoying my wife by telling her all the reasons why it's better than her iPhone. However, after this launch, all I'm doing is consistently getting angry at my phone.

It is slow, slugish, and at times unresponsive. Apps crash on me at least 10 times a day. When I get phone calls while I am using the phone, I have MISSED calls because it won't respond to my attempts to answser the call due to the lag. In short, this update has taken a phone which I was absolutely in love with and turned it into one step above a brick.

I see that you have pulled the update itself, but what is the fix for those of us who installed the update? Is doing a factory reset the only option? I would very much prefer to not have to reset my phone and lose everything I have on it because an update was put out that was so buggy it makes ET for Atari look like a masterpiece. 

Any and all help and/or suggestions would be greatl appreciated. I would much prefer to not have to go pick up a Samsung phone just get to get a cell that functions at a basic level.

If you haven't cleared the system cache I would try that before the factory reset. A cache clear doesn't lose any of you data and could make a big difference.

Troy

:
evildoctorwill
What's DOS?
Views: 2,830
Message 18 of 217

@Troy-1 wrote:

If you haven't cleared the system cache I would try that before the factory reset. A cache clear doesn't lose any of you data and could make a big difference.

Troy

My apologies on not mentioning that previously. I did a system cache the first day I realized that the slow and sluggishness I was experiencing wasn't normal. Sadly, it didn't help at all. Smiley Sad

Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 2,829
Message 19 of 217

@evildoctorwill wrote:

I would factory reset. It's generally a good idea after the first major update such as this one. I reset and have no issues now. I still had an issue coming out of sleep, but I think that was a rogue app that was fixed with an update. Wiping cache solved a few issues but a reset resolved ALL of my issues. It's worth the couple of hours of setting everything back up.

Chjapa
Punch Card
Views: 2,645
Message 20 of 217

When's the patch? Phone is sluggish and battery life much worse. Cache cleared in recovery mode, would prefer not to factory reset.