Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 2,716
Message 21 of 217

Re: Nougat Update Issues

@Chjapa wrote:

When's the patch? Phone is sluggish and battery life much worse. Cache cleared in recovery mode, would prefer not to factory reset. 

You most likely won't see any improvement on sluggishness or battery life with the patch. The same thing happened to me after Marshmallow even after the first patch. Once I factory reset, everything was smooth as butter and battery life was amazing. To be honest, I'm not sure why Nougat is even on hold. Zero issues here. I guess I must not be using the features that are broken. Anyway, it's about time I'm one of those NOT having issues after a release!!! Smiley Happy 

Chjapa
Punch Card
Views: 2,695
Message 22 of 217

Well it will be the first time it was necessary to do a reset after a major update for me then. Usually a cache clear from recovery is enough. I'll be pissed if I spend hours restoring everything (because Android makes it a PITA app wise to restore).

Maxx5
What's DOS?
Views: 2,660
Message 23 of 217

Increasing ringer is enabled as default in Turbo 2 since 7.0 nougat update. Can't disable, please, tell me how to disable ascending ringer. Or tell me if there is a way to revert to 6.0!

BobFire
WWAN
Views: 2,643
Message 24 of 217

@Maxx5 wrote:

Increasing ringer is enabled as default in Turbo 2 since 7.0 nougat update. Can't disable, please, tell me how to disable ascending ringer. Or tell me if there is a way to revert to 6.0!

It is baked into the OS by GOOGLE. It is not a Motorola enhancement. 

BOB

406Jay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,512
Message 25 of 217

Having these same issues. Phone is almost unusable.
406Jay
evildoctorwill
What's DOS?
Views: 2,498
Message 26 of 217

I was right there with you on that. I'll be honest, I ended up just biting the bullet and doing the factory reset. Night and day difference.

Yes it's a PITA afterward, but, for me, it was either that or wait until the end of the year to get a new phone and deal with this one being terrible for 6+ months. I went with the latter.
cc82
Paper Tape
Views: 2,442
Message 27 of 217

Motorola Tom, 

Do you know the current edition of Nougat for the Droid Turbo 2? I haven't updated yet and I finally have the option too, however the version appears to be the same as when the originally pushed it out (25.11.10) opposed to a new version? 

mjones73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,414
Message 28 of 217

Yeah is there any difference in the update that appeared today vs last month? The build numbers are the same. I'd expect a patch to fix the known issues for us beta testers that got it last month.
cc82
Paper Tape
Views: 2,393
Message 29 of 217

MJones, 

Luckily for me I had the design refresh, so I traded in my nougat version and got one with Marshmallow in the mail!! Initially I was upset but then after researching why the update was mysteriously gone I realized it was a great thing. The one I initially had was experiencing some issues from the update, so I don't want to do this Marshmallow one until I know for sure!

dominusdemonum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,384
Message 30 of 217