Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apaulct
802.11n
Views: 1,362
Message 51 of 217

Re: Nougat Update Issues

@DavidT1989 wrote:

Has anyone has any issues with WiFi after the nougat update? My wifi will just disconnect even when I am next to the WiFi modem box and the WiFi modem is functioning properly. Also, I have more issues with dropped WiFi calls after the nougat update.

I've noticed this in the past too. It seams to be getting worse, happened at least half dozen times in the last half hour. Immediately reconnects & no problem with internet connectivity, back in business within 30 secs or so. Also, seems to happen more with phone in landscape than portrait, just a non-scientific observation.

--------
-Allen
copywrite
Punch Card
Views: 1,347
Message 52 of 217

For those having the issue with wifi disconnecting: I was having the same issue, it would disconnect daily while using my phone. I changed the channel on my router to 1 from 11 and haven't had the issue since. I left the 5G on channel 36. There's no way to know which band i was connected to when the drops occur since Moto took away the ability to select the band. Try changing your channel and power cycling your router, it completely fixed the issue for me.

jonnyqu2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,331
Message 53 of 217

Droid Turbo 2 owner. Going on 3 replacements in 6 months. 1st had many issues and was too hot to even hold, Replacement sent after jumping through hoops and arguing for a week. 2nd phone was outstanding for a few months until the Android Nougat update which rendered it useless. Again a week long argument and finally a replacement device guaranteed to not update. Shocker that the replacement for the replacement did in fact force the update to Nougat again and render it useless and inoperable. Upon a 4 day argument now and 5.5 hour phone call transferred to 12 different depts. The only solution they are giving me is to send me a replacement droid turbo 2 that will again force the update as soon as i get it and be rendered useless. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS COMPANY STILL IN BUSINESS??!! Your solution to this is to send me ANOTHER BROKEN PHONE ?!! In which i will be right back on the phone with you arguing for yet another replacement ??? Android Nougat has been stopped from rolling out to the Turbo 2 for a reason !! it is destroying the phone with more than 20 bugs , Google it !! Your answer to this issue is "here have another droid turbo 2 that has the same issues" !! Are you for real ??? no wonder you are almost out of business, you have zero care for any customer ! You would rather continue the cycle of sending me replacement after replacement than to send me a phone that actually works ???!!! 4 days now and 5.5 hour phone call on this one , and i am now at "wait 24-48" hours for a response to what we can do for you , while I , as a paying customer sit and wait with a Broken device !!! Hopefully nothing turns up in these next 48 hours that i would need to use a device for that is life threatening as Motorola could clearly care less. Does the term LAWSUIT mean anything to you MOTOROLA ??? I am contacting my attorney !!

Scott_Anderson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 826
Message 54 of 217

Ever sincde the last update:

1. My keyboard has been lagging by as much as 5 seconds or more at time.

2. Apps are opening up without me starting them.

3. Performance in general has been horrible at best.  It is almost as if the phone's processor is so overworked that it can't keep up.

4. Battery life has deminished by at least 50%.

5. Bluetooth will not stay on or connected most of the time.  I am having to turn it back on most every time I go to use it or connect to a devise.

6. The screen in general, has become far less responsive to any touch.

The only way to solve any of the issues, or make things even remotely better, is to restart the phone. Even then, it only performs decently for a little while and then you have to restart again.  I have been a Motorola user for several years now and loved the phones.  Never have I had such a terrible experience as this.  I sure hope Motorola can get this fixed quickly, or this phone is going to have to go.  Trying to conduct my business on my phone is next to impossible and I can't continue as it is.

mjones73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,269
Message 55 of 217

I've seen a few people have their phones bricked from this update, two in a row though? That's some bad luck. I'd like to see the list of 20 bugs too. I know of only a few and none of stopped me from using my phone since I got the update in Feb.

DavidT1989
Punch Card
Views: 1,260
Message 56 of 217

Does anyone know how to get in touch with executive customer service? My Droid Turbo 2 is now getting to the point of having to be within on foot of the WiFi modem to use the signal and even then it is kinda iffy. It is really ticking me off. I have to use mobile data to get even a half way decent video on YouTube and it is still buffering then. If Motorola wants to do something about this, then send me a new phone or another model.

DavidT1989
Punch Card
Views: 1,259
Message 57 of 217

Also, since the nougat update, my phone roams until get about three miles away from my house.

Someone please help me.

mjones73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,254
Message 58 of 217

Did you try the channel change trick posted above? About to change mine cause my wifi disconnects too, I don't have to be on top of my router for it to work though.
DavidT1989
Punch Card
Views: 1,251
Message 59 of 217

I have tried every thing, including changing the wifi channel in both 2.4g and 5G. It doesn't work. It will go back to doing it within an hour. I have also tried factory data resets as well. Nothing solves the issue. I have sent a message to an executive at Verizon and getting ready to send one to a Motorola executive. I am going to tell them that I will file a complaint with the BBB, and if that  doesn't solve it, I will file a lawsuit and try to get  it turned into a class action suit. I have a feeling that this will wind up in court. Also, I will.not talk to a customer service representative that doesn't speak clear English. That ticks me off.

DavidT1989
Punch Card
Views: 1,245
Message 60 of 217

I have a resolution in mind for this. Since they don't make the Droid Turbo 2, either Verizon or Motorola should be willing to give me a Moto Z Force Droid Edition with a Moto Insta-Share projector. I am willing to take just the phone but the phone has to have at least the same specs as my POS Droid Turbo 2, if not better.