Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yofreetime
Paper Tape
Views: 831
Message 1 of 11

Phone stuck on Emergency screen

My phone made a noise as if I was receiving a text. When I checked it, the Emergency screen was on. I rebooted the phone. I removed the sim card and replaced it. Still the phone only comes up on the Emergency screen. How do I get the phone to work normal again and get rid of the Emergency screen?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 819
Message 2 of 11

Re: Phone stuck on Emergency screen

Hi Yofreetime,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please try to do the Clear Cache Partition with this link. If the issue still persists, you will need to proceed with the External Reset, here is the link.

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support

Yofreetime
Paper Tape
Views: 798
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the suggestion but erasing the cache did not work.  My phone still shows the emergency screen every time I wake it up or reboot.  Just so we know we are talking about the same issue, I have attached a screen capture of the emergency screen.  I really do not want to reset my phone as I have lots of data, apps, photos.  It takes a long time to get a phone back to a useable state. Isn't there some other way to flip a switch or change a setting and get this resolved? I still haven't been told how this even started happening.  Anyway, is there something else I can try without doing a reset on my Droid Turbo 2?  What version of Security Patch should I have?  I have screen shots of that as well.  Should any of these settings be different in the pictures?  Thanks.

Regards,

Brad

IMG_0165.JPGIMG_0164.JPGIMG_0166.JPG

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 789
Message 4 of 11

I believe that the October 2017 security patch was the last one for the Turbo 2.  My Turbo 2 (my work phone) has the same security patch as you and has not had an update since around November 2017 when we received the lasts ecurity update.  Since the phone is so old I don't think we will ever see another update.  It's hard to say why it went to the emergency screen all of the sudden, phone software is kind of like computer software; it just goes glitchy sometimes for no apparent reason.  Have you tried turning the phone off, remove the SIM card, make sure the contacts are not dirty or corroded, put the SIM back in and power it back on?  Or what about trying a different SIM card from a Verizon store?  They are free.  Just some thoughts & ideas.

~Scott
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 783
Message 5 of 11

Have you checked with your carrier to see if your account is in good standing?  

Yofreetime
Paper Tape
Views: 770
Message 6 of 11

Hey Scott,
I tried everything you suggested except the new sim card. I will do that and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.
~Brad
Yofreetime
Paper Tape
Views: 770
Message 7 of 11

Yes I did. In fact I went to see them first with this issue but they didn't have a clue how to fix it. They suggested I talk to Motorola which is why I am on this forum. Thanks for asking.
~Brad
Yofreetime
Paper Tape
Views: 746
Message 8 of 11

Hey Crystallet,

Have you been able to come up with any other solutions to solve the problem of the Emergency screen coming up every time on my Droid Turbo 2?

Regards,

Brad

Yofreetime
Paper Tape
Views: 718
Message 9 of 11

Okay, I think I have found a work-around. It isn't perfect but it is better than always getting the Emergency screen all the time and having to enter my passcode.  I have never used "Hey Google" before but now I find it useful so I don't have to input my passcode all the time.  To do this, press the on/off/wake button once, then say "Hey Google, open phone". Doing this bypasses the Emergency passcode input screen.  I also went into Settings/Security/SmartLock and turned on some options. I turned on On-body Detection, Trusted Places, Trusted Face and Trusted Voice.  This seems to help a bit in not having to enter the passcode every time.  I don't ever use a passcode on my phones because I always have my phone with me or I leave it in places I trust at home and work.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who is having this issue.  I think the thing that started it or turned it on initially (and I don't know this 100% but I am guessing) is that my work email Outlook started requiring a password every time I access it.   The reason I think this is the problem is that it also locked up my iPad and now I have to enter a password every time I open my iPad.  However, I got that working by deleting my Outlook app. I turned the password protection off, then I re-downloaded Outlook and now it works. I just can't update my Outlook email using the app without entering a password. So I have to check my Outlook email using the browser.  Again it's a work-around to bypass all  the ridiculous security features.  

Let me know if you have any better solution to not having to enter a passcode into the Emergency screen.  Thanks!

Brad

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 714
Message 10 of 11

If your employer / company is enforcing a mandatory screen lock, there probably isn't much more that you can do.  My Turbo 2 is my company paid for work phone.  They make us use Mobile Iron and then enforce certain policies through the Mobile Iron app, like a mandatory screenlock security option.  I cannot disable the screen lock options on that phone, they enforce it as a mandatory option.  But like you mentioned, I use Trusted Devices and Trusted Location (Smart Lock options) to help keep it unolocked most of the time.  Android's security rules will still force you to unlock with your PIN /Pattern / Password once in a while, but Smart Lock options work great most of the time.  One of the drawbacks to using phones for work and accessing company networks to check mail, etc. means we have to comply with their rules & policies.

~Scott