Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George681
Paper Tape
Views: 1,309
Message 61 of 100

Re: Replacing your Shattershield lens

I have my replacement shattershield lens ready to go. I tried to remove the damaged lens with the tool provided.

Have not been able to get it started. Seems to be a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I feel I would do some damage if I forced the situation.

Any suggestions to help me remove the lens more easily? Would Verizon store help?

I did take it to a local Verizon Store and the rep tried to tell me that the lens could not be removed. She seemed very uninformed about the Turbo 2

George

BobFire
WWAN
Message 62 of 100

George Hines said:

I have my replacement shattershield lens ready to go. I tried to remove the damaged lens with the tool provided.

Have not been able to get it started. Seems to be a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I feel I would do some damage if I forced the situation.

Any suggestions to help me remove the lens more easily? Would Verizon store help?

I did take it to a local Verizon Store and the rep tried to tell me that the lens could not be removed. She seemed very uninformed about the Turbo 2

George

View original

Did you take a look at the video? It shows everything step by step

BOB

George681
Paper Tape
Message 63 of 100

I sure did, several times. That's what convinced to purchase one. Again, removing it seems to be difficult, not easy.

V_I_N_CENT
What's DOS?
Message 64 of 100

One thing I found when I did mine, when it says to start right above the power button, it means it.  That was the ONLY place I could get it to start.  If you're not starting there, then it won't start.

Peregrine
Token Ring
Views: 1,310
Message 65 of 100

Can Verizon do this for me in the store? I suck at applying screens...

George681
Paper Tape
Views: 1,312
Message 66 of 100

I eventually had mine replaced at a Verizon store. At the first store I went to, the lady rep refused to do it because it would ruin my phone. She had no idea what I was talking about and knew very little about the phone. It was a smaller store.

I went to a larger store ( where I bought the phone), and had to go through 2 reps. The first was somewhat clueless and she got one of the other reps to listen to me. With a little effort he removed the old shield and replaced it with the one I bought here at Motorola. It took less than 10 minutes. It looks great, glad I didn't try it myself.

BTW the Verizon logo is still there. Don't know whether it was on the phone or not. Could have been since I did not notice it on the shield before it was replaced.

flashosu69-1
Punch Card
Views: 1,313
Message 67 of 100

I ordered my Turbo2 thru VZ/Moto Maker and when I received it I immediately took it to a Corporate VZ store and had them install the tempered glass screen protector.  They peeled off the protective film and installed the screen protector to the pristine phone.  They did an excellent job, no bubbles, and it continues to look perfect two months later.  It is a Moto/VZ phone so I am not concerned by a barely visible VZ logo on the screen.  It is not worth screwing up the screen, as some have done, to remove it.  I also put a Casemate naked tough case on it, a little expensive but I am tough on phones.  Escellent phone, no problems so far.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/naked-tough-for-droid-turbo-2/

Thom_Little
SCSI Port
Views: 1,138
Message 68 of 100

Are these two products interchangable?

Put another way, can the original ShatterShield Replacement Lens be replaced with one of the Verizon protectors and the 4-year warranty on the screen will still be active?

lens.jpg(

I was asked this by another Turbo 2 user.  Many users have assumed they were intercahnagable.  Are they?  I will help spread the answer toothers.

... Thom

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,123
Message 69 of 100

Sorry, but no.  The Shattershield upper layer is not just a screen protector.

Thom_Little
SCSI Port
Views: 1,117
Message 70 of 100

This is pretty important ... to make absolutly sure I pass on correct information ...

If you remove the replaceable lens and leave it off and the screen is damaged ... the 4-year screen waranty is void.

If you remove the replaceable lens and use the Verizon product and the screen is damaged ... the 4-year screen waranty is void.

In both cases some defect other than the screen will still be covered for the first year.

Have I summarized it correctly?

(BTW ... since release day a lot of people thought these two products were interchangable.)

... Thom