Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris20nyy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,162
Message 31 of 100

Re: Replacing your Shattershield lens

Do you work for Motorola? I've noticed you post a fair amount of misinformation...

For anyone who chooses to, using your device with a different screen protector in place of the consumer replaceable lens will NOT void your warranty. Motorola can decline repairs in direct relation to the display if they feel the modification failed to prevent the damage from happening.

It will NOT however void your warranty on non related items such as the camera, mother board, speaker, battery etc. The part in question must be in direct relation.
Administrator
Administrator
Message 32 of 100

Chris20nyy said:

Do you work for Motorola? I've noticed you post a fair amount of misinformation... For anyone who chooses to, using your device with a different screen protector in place of the consumer replaceable lens will NOT void your warranty. Motorola can decline repairs in direct relation to the display if they feel the modification failed to prevent the damage from happening. It will NOT however void your warranty on non related items such as the camera, mother board, speaker, battery etc. The part in question must be in direct relation.View original

Yes, I work for Motorola. Except for cases when I retract my statements (I sometimes make mistakes) you can take my responses as official. 

We specifically say on the footer of this page: "The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of purchase; scratches or other damage to the protective lens is not covered by this warranty, but should always be in place to prevent scratches and other damage to the underlying components." (Bolded by me.)

That being said, I understand the principle you are citing. If there are unrelated, widespread and documented quality failures that are not due to abuse or software tampering, we would cover them. (For example, batch of bad volume rockers.) But those are extremely rare, and if you are in violation of the warranty for other reasons it can be an uphill battle to get covered. Keep that top Shattershield layer in place.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Chris20nyy
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 100

t won't be an uphill battle getting a volume rocker replaced if you aren't using the shattershield. Motorola can't use that as a reason, or even incline to act as if they were going to use that as a reason to not honor a valid warranty claim. It's a clear violation of warranty regulations.

In your initial post you stated using the device without the shattershield in place will void your warranty. Should amend that.
Administrator
Administrator
Message 34 of 100

Not going to amend it because it's part of our official warranty, but again -- if there were a separate quality issue AND someone decided (for reasons I can't comprehend) to operate without the top lens of their phone, we would cover it. 

In general, my goal is to discourage anyone from operating their Droid Turbo II without the official Shattershield top lens in place. 

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
SAWig-1
SCSI Port
Message 35 of 100

Chris20nyy said:

t won't be an uphill battle getting a volume rocker replaced if you aren't using the shattershield. Motorola can't use that as a reason, or even incline to act as if they were going to use that as a reason to not honor a valid warranty claim. It's a clear violation of warranty regulations. In your initial post you stated using the device without the shattershield in place will void your warranty. Should amend that.View original

This is a forum for questions and discussions, not legal matters. If you are worried about warranty should have just got the Verizon warranty and the store has no problems replacing a bad phone.

lee11970
SCSI Port
Message 36 of 100

SAWig-1 said:

Chris20nyy said:

t won't be an uphill battle getting a volume rocker replaced if you aren't using the shattershield. Motorola can't use that as a reason, or even incline to act as if they were going to use that as a reason to not honor a valid warranty claim. It's a clear violation of warranty regulations. In your initial post you stated using the device without the shattershield in place will void your warranty. Should amend that.View original

This is a forum for questions and discussions, not legal matters. If you are worried about warranty should have just got the Verizon warranty and the store has no problems replacing a bad phone.

View original

Only problem, generally a refurbished unit!

SAWig-1
SCSI Port
Message 37 of 100

lee11970 said:

SAWig-1 said:

Chris20nyy said:

View original

Only problem, generally a refurbished unit!

View original

Open boxes can be refurbs. I got my T1 as a refurb and it showed no signs of use.

Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread in a while.

Peregrine
Token Ring
Message 38 of 100

Just read this thread, too. I'm not an attorney...but I work with 2 dozen. You can't possibly think Moto doesn't have quite a few attorney's on staff?

They could say: "you must eat a cheeseburger every single day or your warranty is void" and if you AGREE to it?!? Guess what?

Smiley Very Happy

Chris20nyy
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 100

Not sure what point you're trying to make here..
Collin2424
What's DOS?
Views: 1,163
Message 40 of 100

Well, I'm a bit disappointed. I ordered the shield from the link provided, unboxed it and was initially pleased to see that there was no Verizon logo! Cool! So I followed the instructions and got the old one off. In doing so, two things happened:

1) I scratched the living hello out of the plastic bezel around the screen, even though I was as gentle as could possibly be. Any more gentle and the old lens would not have come off. 

2) Noticed that the VERIZON LOGO IS ON THE SECOND LAYER OF THE SCREEN ASSEMBLY! Removing my old lens, I noticed it had no Verizon logo either! So, my little project netted me the following results:

I have a new lens that I was not able to put on as straight as the original, a phone that still has this hideous Verizon logo, $35 less in my checking account and lastly, a scratched up plastic bezel on the outside of my phone. 

I blame Motorola for none of this. I am not upset with anyone but myself. But, I sure hope this deters some others from chasing that Verizon logo-free dream that I was living in two weeks ago. 

Best, 

-Collin-