Views: 1,851
Message 32 of 38

Re: Turbo 2 is turning off randomly by itself

Hutch718
Paper Tape
Views: 1,783
Message 33 of 38

I just started having the same issue where my phone will randomly shut off. I've tried wiping the cache, factory reset and battery callibration. And the only way use my phone is leave it plugged in. When it shuts off the battery is anywhere between 80-100%.

Nate

Garyschnid
What's DOS?
Views: 1,528
Message 34 of 38

I read on the Verizon message board where an individual opened the phone (this voids any warranty you may have) and cleaned the internal battery connection. This solved his problem. I don't recommend doing this if you haven't worked on electronics in the past.

Highlighted
Lori_
Paper Tape
Views: 1,288
Message 35 of 38

Did you change the battery yourself or take/send it in?

Michael556
Paper Tape
Views: 1,282
Message 36 of 38

Just a quick update.  My particular phone got to the point that it was nearly unusable.  Others in our fleet were the same, and when I asked our IT guy about it, he said, "Yeah, those are junk and always do that" like everyone on Earth knew it but me.  LOL...  I'll admit I was miffed at first, but I'm simply not as invested in this stuff as some like our tech guys.

So...  We went in at the beginning of the year and negotiated to get all new phones.  It ended up being 88 phones in total.  We decided to split the order.  40 were Samsung 8s and 48 were Google Pixel 2s.  I asked my tech guy to just give me the one that would irritate me the least and he handed me the Google Pixel 2.  I've been using it for a few months now and no complaints.  The folks on the Samsung 8 are pleased too.

We had long since paid for all the Motorola Turbo 2s, so there's a 80something of them sitting in a box.  I asked our IT guy to wipe them and drop them off at the local battered women's shelter, etc.  I think he's doing that next week.  He said most, not all, have short battery service in some capacity, so I asked him to note the worst of them and label them accordingly so the shelter can just recycle them if they're worried about not doing the job for their purposes.

My hope is the two phones choices we made will be good for us.  As a long time Motorola fan, stemming from back when I was a kid using two-way radios, I'm done with them.  I worked diligently and Lenovo does not support the product they enjoy the profits from.  I would caution anyone who decides to spend money with them in the future.  

As an aside, my tech guy (he's a different guy than the IT guy, lol) told me the battery replacement trick that many people try in the Turbo 2 may or may not work based on some little 'regulator' part that controls charge rates, etc. as that part can often go bad as well.  So he basically said, "Yeah, if the battery replacement including parts and labor is like $70 or less, it's worth a try, but if you're spending more than that for a two year old phone, I'd skip it..."  Hope this information may help.

Best of luck guys.  Sorry Lenovo/Motorola won't exercise ethical business practices, but the options I shared above are all I ended up with trying for months to work with them.  

-Michael

FrankR73
What's DOS?
Views: 187
Message 37 of 38

I was having these problems with reboots since I bought the Turbo2 new years ago. Because of this message I decided that on the chance the issue is caused by a defective battery I would lower the demands of the display by lowering the screen brightness to its lowest setting. WOW -- my problem is gone! I will need to replace the battery.so that I can raise my display intensity.
Que27
What's DOS?
Views: 179
Message 38 of 38

This is the LAST Motorola I will ever purchase!

Top Kudoed Authors