Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robologist
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,505
Message 11 of 38

Re: Turbo 2 is turning off randomly by itself

My phone is having this issue, and has gone to the point of just cycling power while on a wireless charger. Have been through multiple cache clears and a couple factory resets, last was without restore. Phone is dead, not usable. Have included info in profile, any help would be appreciated. This is a refurbished from Verizon, the first Droid turbo 2, was replaced due to a micro USB disconnect. I've liked Motorola phones, but now am really disappointed.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,488
Message 12 of 38

Hi everyone, 

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Please check the link and update your profile here . Thanks!

- Ella

JermUF
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,454
Message 13 of 38

Ella, I have updated my profile.  You can look at my apps to improve the issue I am having.

I recently wiped the cache and immediately did a factory reset without auto restore.  The battery dropped to 8% from 80%.  It then stayed at 8% for 9 hours.  I did a battery recalibration and charged it overnight.  The battery has held well, but I am barely using it because I have not added any apps (only have used it for texts and calls).  

brian1264
802.11n
Views: 3,413
Message 14 of 38

Is anyone from Motorola going to reply?

This is getting a bit frustrating and I may have to start looking to find a phone that actually works since this one gets progressively worse every day.  Today I missed a call that my son was taken to the hospital because my phone was in a reboot that went into a loop and lasted almost 30 minutes, then each and every Google app shut down and all I got were pop ups saying Google Keeps stopping, or Google Play has stopped, or Chrome has stopped etc.... all th eway down the list of Google apps.  The funny thing is it is only th eGoogle apps that are doing it

JermUF
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,401
Message 15 of 38

I have cleared cache partition, factory reset (without auto restore), re-calibrated the battery, and used the phone without any non-factory apps installed.  Still dies randomly.  This is extremely disappointing for a phone that is not even paid off yet.  

Michael556
Paper Tape
Views: 3,393
Message 16 of 38

I am beginning to doubt you get a reply brian1264.  I haven't gotten one for days.

Calibrate the battery she says.  So I did that.  Nothing...

If I was silly enough to figure out how much revenue I've wasted by virtue of fiddling around with this single phone, I'd probably have enough to go buy a fleet of them as spares...

We can't seem to get help from the service provider, so they send us to the manufacturer.  They won't help us unless we purchase a refurb unit nearly guaranteed to be problematic instead of taking ownership of their problem.  Honestly people, there is a reasonable expectation that a phone will at least have a battery capable of making it to the 2 year mark.  Maybe Motorola doesn't.  In clear comparison that's like General Motors telling you that their new Chevy Silverado pickup is literally DEAD and won't operate at 45,000 miles and that they see that as acceptable.

My phone has gotten so poor over the last three or four weeks I can only get a couple hours service from it.  IT WILL NOW EVEN LOSE BATTERY POWER WHILE ATTACHED AND SHOWING A CHARGE WHILE TETHERED TO THE FACTORY CHARGER...  That's no problem with a setting or an app.  That's not a software problem folks.  That's a hardware problem.  

JermUF
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,390
Message 17 of 38

All of my problems started after the Android 7.0 update.

brian1264
802.11n
Views: 3,381
Message 18 of 38

I have talked to Verizon extensively on this issue as well.  They will NOT do anything because Motorola tells them this is a known issue, so Verizon referrs people to Motorola.

I did my 5th FDR last night and added nothing back to the phone.  I rebooted 8 times before I left for work this morning. Then twice while I was on conference calls, and at least 9 more times throughout the day.

Michael556
Paper Tape
Views: 3,361
Message 19 of 38

My dad owned and operated an electronics and radio business for a number of years until he sold it.  Motorola was one of his favorite brands due to their quality and the customer service associated with the few problems their short and long wave radios had.  

With great irony, I equipped not only myself and my wife, but my entire company with the Motorola phones the last three two-year contract cycles in retrospect to what had been the experiences of my dad from years ago and his customers by extension.  Sure, there were staff and salespeople that had occasional problems here at my business, but as far as I'm aware, they were all handled over the last 7 years or so.  

It seems obvious to me, that nobody here will become the beneficiary of proper handling by the company, Lenovo, at this point.  I suppose it was silly to believe that when I started this boondoggle over a month ago that I would get any real satisfaction.  For some strange reason I was compelled to give a forum a try.  In past experiences, unless the admins of the forum deleted your post via fear, forums have proven to be helpful for one simple reason - google will bring your search straight to the people you can see interacting as customers with the folks at the corporation who claim to be able to help.  Thus, the support forums don't like seeing their name get drug through the mud and tend to be helpful by default.  

It has become my opinion, Motorola cellular phones should be skipped when considering new smart phone packages for future buyers.  Why?  Because not only do they have a problem that appears to be wide spread with the phone itself, which is a red flag, but more importantly, they have proven to us all they have zero intentions of making this correct for us.  We're expected to buy another of the same model they know has a problem in order to satisfy 'their issue'???

Motorola executive mimmicking customer service over drinks at a bar after work:

"Here, buy another of the same broke down unit you have fought troubles with for months and spend that money on top of the full price you paid the first time.  What's that?  Yeah, we didn't fix anything with the 2nd phone you just purchased.  And, we expected you to turn in your original phone on trade.  But, it appears the problem generally manifests itself after a year, so it is highly likely you'll be out of your contract with your cellular provider and move onto another contract in another phone.  So yeah, win - win for us here at Motorola.  We sold you two phones within a two year contract and didn't warranty a thing."

THIS.

IS. 

PATHETIC.

I just sent an email note to our IT guy that no Motorola phone models will be considered in early 2018 when my company goes to contract another 80 or so cellular phone packages.  I'll bet Verizon doesn't blink.  They'll sell me whatever I want as long as they keep my business.  

I sincerely hope the rest of you get some satisfaction, but quite frankly, it appears from reading this thread and countless others across the internet that you will not.  The only true way to impact meaningful change with Lenovo/Motorola is to stop buying their product.  Your concerns don't matter to them.  They've proven that without a shadow of a doubt.  Send them a message the next time you buy a phone and pick up anything but theirs.  Also, be a discerning shopper and make sure the 'brand' isn't made by Motorola for them.  That happens in electronics often.  You might be giving revenue to Motorola under another name, so be weary of that scam as well.  

SglGrma
Token Ring
Views: 3,347
Message 20 of 38

@michael556 

please let me know which brand of cell phone you are getting for your company. i was thinking samsung.. but one thing you mentioned in your message was..  that motorola's name should not be on it... i would be hoping that the components inside samsungs aren't dependant upon the motorola brand either.. 

you entire message by the way is on point .. too many people in these united states have used and swore by motorola for years.. only to be treated as we are under this new company.. 

can't beleive it .. i went today to trade my turbo 2 in.. and the only $$ amount that verizon was willing to part with is $65.00! That is ALL our $900 phones are worth now !! and they are not even on the list for tradeins for $300 ..despite the issues we have. my phone is in pristene condition! just like it was when i took it out of the box.. i just threw $900 away !

And yes.. i let verizon have a piece of my mind today too . I was so upset 

Top Kudoed Authors