Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psl81
What's DOS?
Views: 153,648
Message 1 of 648

Turbo 2 won't charge...

Arrived 2 days ago and has been great... Until today. Phone won't charge. The screen says charging and there is the lightning bolt on the battery but no charge. Tried multiple outlets, different chargers including a portable one, different cables, the official charger, a car charger, nothing works. No falls or drops, phone is mint. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to take ur to Verizon tomorrow but I'm worried they will have no idea because the phone is so new.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 152,647
Message 2 of 648

Re: Turbo 2 won't charge...

i would do the same thing and they will just give you a replacement 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 152,646
Message 3 of 648

Can you try doing a hard reset by holding the power key for 7 - 10 seconds? That could help.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Psl81
What's DOS?
Views: 152,644
Message 4 of 648

Matt,

Not sure why you felt the need to close the other thread as that was a completely different subject matter. This one is on the charging problem of the phone, the other thread was about the ridiculous customer service experience at Motorola. Its a bit of an obnoxious move on your part, and reflects poorly on this forum in general as it smells of censorship.

Anyway the phone has a legitimate problem, the folks at Verizon cannot fix it so its getting sent back. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't an isolated issue.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 152,636
Message 5 of 648

Sorry - just trying to keep things in one place. Did you try the hard reset? If that didn't work, we were hoping to get the phone back if you have not already returned it.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Sweeperd
Punch Card
Views: 152,632
Message 6 of 648

I am having a similar issue.  My DT2 stop turbo charging.  It dose not recognize the turbo charger or any quick charger.  It will wireless charge and charge with a regular charger.  I have hard reset but issue not resolved.  Any advice?

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 152,629
Message 7 of 648

Sweeperd said:

I am having a similar issue.  My DT2 stop turbo charging.  It dose not recognize the turbo charger or any quick charger.  It will wireless charge and charge with a regular charger.  I have hard reset but issue not resolved.  Any advice?

View original

Turbo charging only kicks in when the battery is below 50%, but don't want to assume that's the issue.

Can you try charging while the phone is in Safe Mode? 

Safe Mode: starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.

1. To Enable Safe Mode

2. Press the Power key

3. Touch and hold Power off

4. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

5. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

6. Reboot normally to exit Safe Mode

Sweeperd
Punch Card
Views: 152,629
Message 8 of 648

I just tried the above.  My phone is at 34%. I charged it for 21mins and its at 35% now.  It appears that it stopped charging also, I do not see the lightning bolt within the battery icon.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 152,626
Message 9 of 648

Sweeperd said:

I just tried the above.  My phone is at 34%. I charged it for 21mins and its at 35% now.  It appears that it stopped charging also, I do not see the lightning bolt within the battery icon.

View original

Is this the charger that came with the phone?

Sweeperd
Punch Card
Views: 152,626
Message 10 of 648

Yes, it's the Turbo Charger that came with the phone.

Top Kudoed Authors