Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiger513
Paper Tape
Views: 1,202
Message 641 of 648

Re: Turbo 2 won't charge...

My Droid lives in my shop as a tablet for some of my stand alone apps, recharging wirelessly. It's no longer a phone. I got no relief or satisfaction from Verizon with my charging issue other than "you should have purchased protection plan ". I purchased a new Motorola/Lenovo G5Splus from Best buy and will not give Verizon my business other than line access. So far so good with this phone. I own it and don't have all the Verizon bloatware installed. You would think a multi million dollar company would take care of it's customer if it had sold some obviously faulty hardware... But not this company. 

Tiger513
Paper Tape
Views: 1,202
Message 642 of 648

I used a rubber band to hold the QI in position while charging in my car.. that's my redneck solution... 

jamackert
Paper Tape
Views: 1,176
Message 643 of 648

This thread indicates this issue is resolved, but clearly it is not.  There continues to be conversation about ongoing issues with the phone.  My replacement phone just died and is not taking a charge from any type of charger (OEM or otherwise) in any outlet or any USB port.  At this point I'm faced with the choice of having to pay out-of-warranty fees for a second time in four months or just buying a new phone, and I will not be buying a Motorola.  I'm sadly disappointed in their response to this issue. 

pbug56
Punch Card
Views: 1,173
Message 644 of 648

No, not resolved.  Some people are OK, some not.  I do suggest that if you get a new phone, get one with Fast QI Wireless because if charged wirelessly most of the time there is a lot less wear and tear on the USB jack - and it's easier.  Get one that's sort of vertical.

rjaffeux
Paper Tape
Views: 1,162
Message 645 of 648

I agree the biggest thing is it after the Turbo 2 they don't include wireless charging on the phone you actually have to get a mod which in the end cost you even more but I do agree that that is the best option because that gives you wireless charging it's consistent it doesn't come and go if there's no wiggling of the wires your phone get charged to 100% every time you charge it.

pbug56
Punch Card
Views: 1,155
Message 646 of 648

And some phones take Fast QI charge, like recent Samsung S's. I have a slow qi verizon charger at work and in the bedroom, and fast qi's in the cars. works out nicely.
FormulaZR
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,071
Message 647 of 648

I just want to share my DT2 failure to charge experience.

At 9pm on a Monday I discovered my DT2 was no longer charging. I had the "lightning bolt" on the battery indication in the notification tray - but the battery percentage was steadily (albeit slowly) falling. It would recognize when it was plugged into an original charger by displaying "TurboPower Connected", however opening the battery monitor in settings showed a status of "Not Charging". At that point I tried 5 different wired chargers that were all known good (I do not have a wireless charger), I tried the phone in safe mode and powered off. Even powered off it showed that it was charging but it wasn't (and the battery level was very erratic - sometimes going up by a percent or two and then falling by five to ten percent).

At 11:30am Tuesday I dropped my phone off at a local repair shop (the same one I used for a battery replacement). At 3:30pm I picked it back up - charging correctly for the princely sum of $30. The cause was a charge port that had a broken pin - and while it would pull *some* current (.2 amps, to be exact), it wasn't enough to actually charge. A quick microsolder job had it going strong and it's been fine ever since.

At the time of charge port failure my phone was 29 months old.

Hope this helps someone.

pbug56
Punch Card
Views: 1,053
Message 648 of 648

I'm not surprised that the Micro USB port has problems.  The form factor is too small, too delicate for the way it's used.  I'd say there are lots of reasons why it's being replaced by USB C - jacks go either way, are bigger and stronger, let alone having better capabilities.  And it's also the reason why I only buy phones that can use wireless charging via QI - and normally use that to charge when I can.  I only use a cable if I'm in a hurry or the wireless holder in the car is already in use.  And my current phone has C.  I also use BT for headphones - because those jacks don't hold up well either, so I save them for when I really need them.  

Top Kudoed Authors