Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 4,692
Message 1 of 11

Unlocking Bootloader

As per contacting Verizon they clearly informed me that they do NOT have any control over the locking or unlocking the bootloader of my DT2. They advised me since my phone was purchased and owned by me, that I should contact Motorola concerning bootloader unlocking. I was also informed that Verizon has no current policy that would prevent or hinder Motorola from providing bootloader unlocking for my XT1585 Droid Turbo 2.

This "flagship" phone 15 months later has now become worth only $68 as a trade-in. Since update to Nougot it's literally become unreliable and nearly Useless.

Loss of sound, ring, alarms and notifications unexpectedly.

High phone temperatures.

Short battery life. 

Stalling for seconds at a time.

Lagging.

Apps closing

Sometimes charges (turbo) sometimes not at all.

Been thru THREE replacements, nearly a dozen device resets (wipes), run in safe mode and hours on the phone and emails with "support" with NO resolution.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,575
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unlocking Bootloader

@dahobbs wrote:

As per contacting Verizon they clearly informed me that they do NOT have any control over the locking or unlocking the bootloader of my DT2. They advised me since my phone was purchased and owned by me, that I should contact Motorola concerning bootloader unlocking. I was also informed that Verizon has no current policy that would prevent or hinder Motorola from providing bootloader unlocking for my XT1585 Droid Turbo 2.

This "flagship" phone 15 months later has now become worth only $68 as a trade-in. Since update to Nougot it's literally become unreliable and nearly Useless.

Loss of sound, ring, alarms and notifications unexpectedly.

High phone temperatures.

Short battery life. 

Stalling for seconds at a time.

Lagging.

Apps closing

Sometimes charges (turbo) sometimes not at all.

Been thru THREE replacements, nearly a dozen device resets (wipes), run in safe mode and hours on the phone and emails with "support" with NO resolution.

Hi dahobbs,

If you are trying to unlock the bootloader of your phone but are having challenges with it, please post here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTOROLA-Android-Developer/Bootloader-Unlock-Problems/td-p/3222809

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 4,253
Message 3 of 11

Yes I've been to that page! I feel as if Lenovo just believe us Motorola purchasers are just dumb sheep. I've gone as high up as possible in Verizon and Everyone I have spoken to say the SAME thing. Verizon is not preventing the manufacturer from unlocking the boot loader on my Purchased out of warranty Droid Turbo 2. I keep getting refered to contact Motorola to have the bootloader Unlocked! Thus Dead End!

I recently did the update soak test which was a Total joke and left me with even More problems than before. Once Again I have nowhere to turn, the test forum access has been Terminated so all of the issues falls upon deaf ears yet once again. This is truly sad!!!

dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 4,198
Message 4 of 11

Well just got a call from Level 3 Tech Support, I covered everything Verizon had told me concerned No Active Policy preventing Motorola from unlocking the bootloader of the Droid Turbo 2. 

The tech informed me that the Turbo 2 was Ineligable for bootloader unlocking, I asked Why is it Ineligable? He replied "Because it is Ineligable."

What An Answer!

way2aware
What's DOS?
Views: 4,074
Message 5 of 11

Agreed, in all of it. With the amount of money that these phones cost us, withholding the bootloader unlock codes from us, when they have no problem providing them for other carrier branded phones is nothing short of scandalous. How could it possibly be justified? Totally foul business practice here- this needs to be rectified

dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 4,022
Message 6 of 11

I sit here with a nearly Useless Turbo 2 that's been Wiped again, still having the same issues that Moto and Verizon says no one else at all is having. Tho I read and read other owners with the same issues. Less than 18 months and Verizon's solution is for me to purchase Another device they'll abandon in 18 months!

dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 3,647
Message 7 of 11

Verizon/Motorola just unlock our bootloader, it's as simple as that.
BobbyLynn
Punch Card
Views: 3,316
Message 8 of 11

Has anyone got the unlock code yet? Or even just root access? I have a DT2 but I'm still using my first gen turbo since I can't unlock the bootloader on the DT2 or even just gain root access.
dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 3,083
Message 9 of 11

Nope NOTHING but silence. I finally forced Verizon to replace my DT2 with a New Droid Zforce. The DT2 ended up going from an awesome phone to an unreliable piece of crap after the last soak test. I feel if ALL owners rebelled a Class Action could be started and the access to unlock Bootloader would happen.

Change takes time and bigger things have been done this way and succeeded.

BobbyLynn
Punch Card
Views: 2,265
Message 10 of 11

Ha! I just bought a z force myself. Of course it's "ineligible" for bootloader unlocking. Although I am happy with the phone, I'm disappointed because it can't be bootloader unlocked or even just rooted......just like the DT2. This is a great phone, but it'd be so much better if we could tweak it by having root access.

Top Kudoed Authors