cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronica87
What's DOS?
Views: 2,027
Message 11 of 42

Re: Warning Regarding your Moto ShatterShield Screen that is "guaranteed not to break"

Justin,
That is exactly what I am going to do. People show know what they are really getting when they purchase this $600.00 phone and its "awesome" warranty. I feel it is a scam, and quite dishonest.

Sincerely,
Ronica
Ronica87
What's DOS?
Views: 2,024
Message 12 of 42

Re: Warning Regarding your Moto ShatterShield Screen that is "guaranteed not to break"

AboveTheClouds
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,008
Message 13 of 42

I feel your pain. I have dropped two of my phones; including my N6 about 2 weeks after getting it. What helped me was the insurance. It costs ~$9/mo. and there was a $150 deductible, but I had a new phone by 2 pm the next day.

I know many don't believe in phone insurance, but to me it's worth the peace of mind.

ATC

jdscranton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,972
Message 14 of 42

Two things:  We don't know yet what's clear, which is why I've asked someone to look into this.  The information could be correct, or it could be an opportunity for customer support training.  Let's wait and see what happens.  Second, the issue about posting pictures is being investigated.  It was originally thought to be a "tenure" issue...that is, the ability to post pics appeared after a certain number of posts, but that didn't turn out to be right.  People behind the scenes are looking into it.

How about now? Is someone still looking into this?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,967
Message 15 of 42

@jdscranton wrote:

Two things:  We don't know yet what's clear, which is why I've asked someone to look into this.  The information could be correct, or it could be an opportunity for customer support training.  Let's wait and see what happens.  Second, the issue about posting pictures is being investigated.  It was originally thought to be a "tenure" issue...that is, the ability to post pics appeared after a certain number of posts, but that didn't turn out to be right.  People behind the scenes are looking into it.

How about now? Is someone still looking into this?

I have been advised that this respons@e by @KariMoto is accurate and aligned with the wording on the screen's warranty.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,953
Message 16 of 42

As @KariMoto already stated the options for repair are accurate. There is a difference between a crack and a puncture. What we see in the picture and what you have stated is that the screen is punctured. This would be considered cosmetic damage, and not covered by the warranty.

-Tom
Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
jdscranton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,944
Message 17 of 42

@MotorolaTom wrote:
As @KariMoto already stated the options for repair are accurate. There is a difference between a crack and a puncture. What we see in the picture and what you have stated is that the screen is punctured. This would be considered cosmetic damage, and not covered by the warranty.

-Tom

Thank you. I will make sure that everyone in my social media circle is aware of how false and deceptive your practices are.

jdscranton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,930
Message 18 of 42

Sachin: Hi, my name is Sachin. How may I help you?
Justin: What does the Moto ShatterShield guarantee mean?
Justin: "guaranteed not to crack or shatter"?
Justin: What does that mean?
Sachin: Sure, I’ll be glad to help you with this.
Sachin: Moto Shatter Shield is guaranteed not to crack or shatter, but you still need to guard against cosmetic damage. Cases and screen protectors are recommended to protect against dents or scratches that might occur if your phone is dropped.
Justin: So when is damage not cosmetic?
Justin: Like what if there was a hole in your screen? is that still cosmetic?
Sachin: Yes.
Justin: So, everything is cosmetic?
Sachin: Yes.
Justin: So basically the warranty means nothing?
Sachin: Sorry I did not understand your question.
Justin: The warranty guarantees the screen won't crack and shatter but if it does, you consider that cosmetic damage so the warranty doesn't apply. Correct?
Sachin: No not like that, Upper layer of the phone is replaceable lens which you need to replace if any damage happens to it. And I don't think that replaceable lens will get damage by its own. am I right?
Justin: But if you drop your phone and somehow there is a hole in it all the way down to the digital part, is that covered?
Sachin: NO. Kindly note that, physical damage and liquid damage will not come under warranty.
Justin: But, wait, what good is the warranty then? Does dropping my phone void the warranty?
Sachin: I didn't mentioned that, I just said physical and liquid damage won't get covered under warranty.
Justin: But what is physical damage?
Justin: If I drop my phone and the screen cracks/breaks/punctures all the way to the digital part, is that covered?
Sachin: Dropping phone will not covered under warranty.
Justin: So, if you drop your phone and the screen breaks, it is not covered?
Justin: What good is the warranty then?
Sachin: Sorry, as I already said physical damage won't get covered under warranty.
Sachin: Is there anything else I may assist you today?
Justin: I don't understand.
Justin: The phone is guaranteed not to crack but if you drop it then that voids that warranty?
Justin: ?
Justin: Could you answer my last question?
Justin: Could you please answer my last question?
Sachin: Please give me a minute or so to research this and get back to you with the Solution?
Sachin: Thank you for holding, my apologies for the delay
Sachin: The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of consumer purchase. The consumer-replaceable protective lens is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but should always be in place to prevent scratches and other damage to the underlying components.
Justin: And what happens if I drop my phone and the crack/puncture goes through the consumer-replaceable protective lens down to the actual digital screen
Justin: That was a question
Sachin: I am sorry ! Give me a minute
Sachin: Sorry could please explain me this "consumer-replaceable protective lens down to the actual digital screen".
Sachin: Are you still there? We have noticed that you have been "idle" for 2 minutes, if no response is sent within the next minute this chat session could be terminated.
Justin: I am watiing on you
Sachin: Could you please explain me this "consumer-replaceable protective lens down to the actual digital screen".
Justin: I am saying if I drop my screen and the damage goes through the consumer replaceable protective lens (not covered by the warranty) and extends to the components of the phone, is that covered by the warranty?
Sachin: No.
Justin: Why not?
Sachin: Please go through this link this will guide you "Why not'
Sachin:  https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1415608/1445878694/redirect/1/filename/68...
Sachin: Thank you for contacting Motorola chat support. Have a Wonderful day!
Sachin has disconnected.

AboveTheClouds
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,926
Message 19 of 42

I know you're frustrated, but playing Perry Mason with the CS reps is not the best way to resolve a situation. I personally prefer calling (even if I have to wait on hold) and talking to someone. I usually will tell the rep that I need to have a stern conversation and ask to speak to their supervisor.

You're asking a rep to make policy decisions, or to justify them, which of course they can't. Like most of us, if they want to keep their job, they do and say what they're told. Supervisors have more options available to them.

ATC

jdscranton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,917
Message 20 of 42

I was on hold for 32 minutes today waiting for a response. 

I am not playing Perry Mason. I am educating potential consumers on the reality of the guaranty.