Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrensworld
Paper Tape
Views: 576
Message 1 of 8

Where did my bug report go?

Google Pay is making me unlock my Droid Turbo 2 twice before I can tap to pay. I reported this issue to them. They asked for a bug report (Full Report, not Interactive.) I followed the steps they provided. The icon appeared in my notifications bar saying, "Bug report #1 captured. Tap to share your bug report." I tapped. The icon disappeared from my notifications bar and the bug report disappeared. Where can I find it so I can send it to Google Pay?

Thank you! 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 572
Message 2 of 8

Re: Where did my bug report go?

The same thing happened to me recently when capturing a bug report for Moto, on a Z Force.  When I tapped the notification to share....it disappeared.  I took a second bug report using the power button method and when that notification appeared and I tapped it I was prompted with the normal share options.  Sounds like a bug in the bug report process.

~Scott
wrensworld
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 3 of 8

That sounds great -- what's the power button method? Thanks!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 534
Message 4 of 8

Go back into Developer Options and make sure the Bug Report Shortcut option is slid to On.  I believe it is by default.  That adds an option on the Power Off menu, there is a third option for Take Bug Report.  Tap the power button and you should see it below Power Off.

~Scott
wrensworld
Paper Tape
Views: 518
Message 5 of 8

That buttton was off. I slid it to on, and was able to take a bug report and send it to myself the way you described. Thank you!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 512
Message 6 of 8

@wrensworldwrote:

That buttton was off. I slid it to on, and was able to take a bug report and send it to myself the way you described. Thank you!

You're welcome.  I'm not sure why the other method notification doesn't seem to work correctly.

~Scott
wrensworld
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 7 of 8

OK, here's a really dumb question, but maybe you know the answer. The bug report shows itself as an attachment (zip file) to the gmail I'm sending to myself. But when I open the e-mail, there doesn't seem to be an attachment. I confess I'm not very good at Gmail -- is there someplace I should be lookig for the attachment that I'm not? And thanks!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 505
Message 8 of 8

I don't think those bug reports save to the phone anywhere automatically.  When you send it to yourself via G Mail and open the email that was sent to you, the attachment should appear at the bottom of the message, like my screenshot.  From the bug report notification I normally select the save to Drive option.  Then it's permanently saved to my Google Drive account (cloud storage) and I can view it using the Drive app, and then share with whomever needs it using email or send them a direct link.

IMG_20180404_121717.jpg

~Scott