04-16-2017

US

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 1 of 4

wireless charging being picke up but not charging

2017-04-16, 4:05 AM

my charging port is already broke on my turbo 2 so the only way i can charge it is through wireless and now it will only pick up that the charger is there but stay at the same percentage im scared to leave it like that due to the fact that i need my phone for work and school. i did acidently drop it in the sink [full of water] earlier today but it charged fine about an hour after that. would this issue resolve itself over a few days or is my phone completely ruined and beyond saving????? and on top of that the phone IS LOSING CHARGE IM LEGITIMATLY SCARED ABOUT THIS SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2720 Signins

25620 Page Views

• Views: 25620
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: wireless charging being picke up but not charging

2017-04-16, 4:29 AM

wrote:

my charging port is already broke on my turbo 2 so the only way i can charge it is through wireless and now it will only pick up that the charger is there but stay at the same percentage im scared to leave it like that due to the fact that i need my phone for work and school. i did acidently drop it in the sink [full of water] earlier today but it charged fine about an hour after that. would this issue resolve itself over a few days or is my phone completely ruined and beyond saving????? and on top of that the phone IS LOSING CHARGE IM LEGITIMATLY SCARED ABOUT THIS SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

If you dropped it in a sink of water and still have it turned on trying to cahrge it may be too late.  The phone should have been turned off immediately and tried to dry it out using a bag of rice for several days, or a electronic dryer kit you can buy in electronics stores, etc. I'm not sure what other forum members can do to help at this point?

~Scott
Options

3 Posts

04-16-2017

US

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-04-16, 4:41 AM

wrote:

wrote:

If you dropped it in a sink of water and still have it turned on trying to cahrge it may be too late.  The phone should have been turned off immediately and tried to dry it out using a bag of rice for several days, or a electronic dryer kit you can buy in electronics stores, etc. I'm not sure what other forum members can do to help at this point?

it has been working fine up till now so thats whats getting me

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-04-16, 12:45 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

it has been working fine up till now so thats whats getting me

Corrosion and short circuits continue to develop as water sits inside the phone. 

Plan on getting a new phone as your problems will only get worse. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms