Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

10-24-2012

United States

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 1

Can No Longer Set an Event Using Voice Commands with Phone Locked

2016-03-31, 16:12 PM

Can you help me out here? Maybe try this on your Turbo for me?

I sometimes take a short nap (20-25 minutes or so) in the late afternoon just before dinner. For months I'd kick back in my recliner, phone in pocket, and say:

"Obey Me, Droid Turbo" (my Moto Voice launch phrase),
Phone: <Blinging tone, indicating it's ready>
Me: "Set an alarm for 25 minutes from now."
Phone: <Blinging tone, then 'plink' tone> "OK, 5:15 pm, setting your alarm."

I'd then take my nap and would wake up when the alarm went off at 5:15.

Lately, I do that entire voice command process, ending with getting the confirmation message, "OK, 5:15 pm, setting your alarm" as usual, but when 5:15 rolls around, the alarm doesn't go off. A couple of days ago after I got the confirmation message I checked my alarms and nothing had been set. So I tried it again and the second attempt worked. The difference between my first attempt (failed) and my second attempt (success) was that my phone was locked and then it was unlocked.

A little experimentation and I've confirmed that if my phone is locked and I go through the process the alarm will not 'stick', but if I unlock my phone and go through the process again, the alarm does get set.

So what's changed? For months and months I'd been setting an alarm with voice commands while the phone was locked in my pocket. For about the last two weeks I've had to pull my phone out of my pocket, unlock it, then go through the routine of setting the alarm. Having to handle the phone in order to get it to execute Voice Commands is basically defeating the feature of having Voice Commands.

Would anyone be willing to try this alarm setting using voice command experiment for me and report back your findings?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms