Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

75 Posts

10-21-2011

United States of America

74 Signins

1313 Page Views

• Views: 1313
  • Message 1 of 7

Cisco LEAP EAP-FAST?

2015-04-15, 21:19 PM

Is there any way to get the Droid Turbo to connect to a Cisco Enterprise Wifi Network that uses EAP-FAST or LEAP authentication?

Options

1518 Posts

11-09-2014

Fair Oaks, California

7 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Cisco LEAP EAP-FAST?

2015-04-16, 5:39 AM

For Cisco EAP-FAST or LEAP you might try the "LEAP Wifi Free" app available in the Play Store. It has been around for a while, has midrange ratings and was recently updated. There are some who are having luck connecting to their Cisco Enterprise Wifi Networks that employ EAP-FAST or LEAP authentication.

Google "Cisco EAP-FAST Android" or  "Cisco LEAP Android" and you should find solutions that others have tried.. We used to have a Cisco Aironet in our corporate office but have snce replaced it or I would be in the same boat. wink

Hope this helps! smiley

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 3 of 7

2015-04-16, 9:56 AM

From other posts in this forum, I thought the problem was a bug in the Cisco firmware.  It's not just the Turbo that has experienced the issue and updating the controller firmware has solved it.  This information was posted by Motorola in the X2 community:

"The Cisco bug is not specific to certain APs. It is a bug in the Cisco controller code in the 4-way handshake with a PMF-enabled device. The APs that ARE affected would be any LWAPP or CAPWAP Cisco Aironet AP that would be joined to a Cisco controller running the affected firmware versions. Those APs could be different depending on how old of firmware you are running on the controller.

Firmware versions affected:

Version 7.0.x.x is affected. Fixed in 7.0.235.3, 7.0.240.0 and 7.0.250.0.

Version 7.2.x.x is affected. Fixed in 7.2.115.2

Version 7.4.x.x is NOT affected

Version 7.6.x.x is NOT affected

Version 8.0.x.x is NOT affected"

The bigger problem that people seem to be having is getting their IT departments to cooperate.   :-/

Hope this helps.

Options

75 Posts

10-21-2011

United States of America

74 Signins

1313 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2015-04-16, 14:13 PM

TimTurbo said:

For Cisco EAP-FAST or LEAP you might try the "LEAP Wifi Free" app available in the Play Store. It has been around for a while, has midrange ratings and was recently updated. There are some who are having luck connecting to their Cisco Enterprise Wifi Networks that employ EAP-FAST or LEAP authentication.

Google "Cisco EAP-FAST Android" or  "Cisco LEAP Android" and you should find solutions that others have tried.. We used to have a Cisco Aironet in our corporate office but have snce replaced it or I would be in the same boat. wink

Hope this helps! smiley

View original

Thanks thats the app I used on my old Droid Bionic to connect it worked great. Does not work with the Droid Turbo. 

Options

1518 Posts

11-09-2014

Fair Oaks, California

7 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 5 of 7

2015-04-17, 5:00 AM

ebourlet said:

TimTurbo said:

Hope this helps! smiley

View original

Thanks thats the app I used on my old Droid Bionic to connect it worked great. Does not work with the Droid Turbo. 

View original

As crystallet metioned above certain cisco Routers and WAPs may have issues with newer phones such as the Moto X 2nd Gen and the Turbo. If you can, I would suggest contacting the department who manages the Cisco Enterprise Wifi Network and confirm with them that they are using the lastest firmware available from Cisco for the wireless device. Versions mentioned in her comment should tell the tale. This may actually resolve your ability to authenticate via EAP-FAST or LEAP with your Turbo using the LEAP Wifi Free app.  yes

Options

75 Posts

10-21-2011

United States of America

74 Signins

1313 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2015-06-02, 22:30 PM

COntacted our IT department they assure me that they have a non affected firmware on teh Cisco controller. Still cant get any of the newer Droid devices to connect. 

Options

156 Posts

01-21-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2015-06-05, 6:10 AM

@ebourlet -

Droid Turbo does not support EAP - FAST and LEAP authentication methods. So you cannot connect to Wi-Fi network with these Authentication.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms