Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

02-10-2015

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Droid Turbo Advanced Voice and Basic Phones?

2015-02-10, 22:39 PM

I understand how Advanced Voice/HD voice works, but I had an issue recently where my Mom who owns a cricket basic phone was unable to call and connect when I had Advanced Calling enabled. As soon as I turned off the feature, her calls immediately came through. I know right now Advanced Calling prevents phones that are not capable of HD voice from connecting but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? And if there's any way to get around this while still having HD voice enabled?

Options

5594 Posts

06-17-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Droid Turbo Advanced Voice and Basic Phones?

2015-02-11, 1:55 AM

It doesn't necessarily prevent the call from completing if the other caller does not have Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled, however you lose the benefits of enhanced call clarity if this is the case. This is a common issue with the current revision of Advanced Calling (VoLTE). If you have reduced 4G LTE connectivity, you may have issues receiving or placing calls. If you continue to have issues, I would recommend leaving the feature disabled until your area is XLTE enabled. 

There are instances where simply toggling the Advanced Calling feature will correct the problem, but in non-XLTE areas the symptoms may resurface during peak times.

Options

36 Posts

11-01-2014

Turkey

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Droid Turbo Advanced Voice and Basic Phones?

2015-02-13, 1:57 AM
Too bad we have to give up data while on a call to get the phone to work.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms