Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-16-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 7

Droid Turbo No Sound from me on Calls

2017-11-16, 2:09 AM

When I try to make calls the person on the other end cannot hear me. This has happened before at times, but it seemed to stop after a short amount of time. The other people are unable to hear me the whole time I am trying to speak to them in the call.

I have tried turning off advanced calling, the OK Google speaking feature, cleared chache repartition, booted up in safe mode, and still have issues. I recorded my voice on a video from the camera to check that the mic still works and it does, however, when using Snapchat it does not work.

I have seen other people have similar issues online but I have been unable to find a solution that works. Anyone got any ideas before I am forced to find a new phone?

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Views: 85486
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Droid Turbo No Sound from me on Calls

2017-11-16, 21:54 PM

Hi jjhemmy,

This is odd. Is this happening all the time or to any particular place only? Are you using a headset (Bluetooth or wired) on calls? Is the same issue occurring while using the speakerphone?

For now, check for anything that might be covering the microphone:

*Ensure that you are not covering the microphone or speaker on the device.

*If you are using a case, cover or screen protector on the device, we recommend removing and trying without it.

You can also try to go to Device Help to check Hardware Tests.  If everything passed, the last option would be a factory reset but you will need to back up your data.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Options

4 Posts

11-16-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2017-11-16, 23:44 PM

Yes, it happens no matter where I am at. I can make calls with blutooth without issues, but when I use speaker phone I am not heard. I have no case on the phone and have made calls without holding the phone at all, still nothing. I assume the mic works because it still records me when I make a video.

I have seen others with a similar issue who have done factory resets and had no changes.

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2017-11-23, 16:14 PM

wrote:

Yes, it happens no matter where I am at. I can make calls with blutooth without issues, but when I use speaker phone I am not heard. I have no case on the phone and have made calls without holding the phone at all, still nothing. I assume the mic works because it still records me when I make a video.

I have seen others with a similar issue who have done factory resets and had no changes.

Factory data reset can be tried, most of the issues are corrected by it. Let us know what happened after it.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Options

4 Posts

11-16-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2017-11-25, 23:25 PM

Factory reset did nothing, still no sound

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2017-11-29, 22:55 PM

wrote:

Factory reset did nothing, still no sound

It's best to submit it for replacement. You may check and visit this link for your replacement options.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Options

1 Posts

08-11-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 7 of 7

2018-08-11, 12:45 PM

Go to SETTINGS and DEVELOPER OPTIONS; if they aren't listed, go to ABOUT PHONE and start clicking on BUILD NUMBER until they appear under SETTINGS. Look tor anything having to do with AUDIO and flip the switch to the right of it. This fixed the problem on my Motorola Droid Turbo. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms