cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtmos
Paper Tape
Views: 200
Message 1 of 2

Droid Turbo stuck in bootloop (unrooted and locked to Verizon). Can I access anything through ADB?

I haven't tried connecting to USB yet in case that can further agitate, or damage the phone or cause data-loss. I am trying to find out if it is possible to pull data through an ADB bridge. I'm assuming that even though my device is unrooted/locked, there was corruption to the OS. I saw in a different post that 'Sunshine bootloader unlock/s-off' can unlock phones - can I use this on mine? And if so, what would be the best procedure to recover data if possible? I am unable to boot into safe mode, but able to boot into the recovery screen with options such as: 

Apply update from ADB
Apply update from SD card
Mount /System
View recovery logs

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 117
Message 2 of 2

Re: Droid Turbo stuck in bootloop (unrooted and locked to Verizon). Can I access anything through AD

Hi mtmos,

You can try recovering the phone using the Verizon Software Update Assistant. 

Repairing a Verizon Device with SUA
Download and then install the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" on your computer from these links.
Windows link:  http://www.motorola.com/verizonsoftwareupdatewin
Mac link:  http://www.motorola.com/verizonsoftwareupdatemac
Reboot the phone into Fastboot/Recovery
Power off your phone
Hold “Volume Down + Power” for at least 3 seconds and then release the buttons
Connect your phone to that PC via a USB cable.
Open the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" application on your Windows PC (if you haven't already).
Wait a good 10-30 seconds (at least) for the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" to a) check for updates to itself, and then b) discover your attached smartphone.
When available, click on the red "Restore" button within the "SUA App" 
Choose whether to erase or keep all your data during this process. By default, the app will not erase user data
After that, it seems like it took around 30 minutes to download the image, decompress that Android image, and then install it to the phone.  After that process is done though, the problem should be fixed and the phone should boot up.

If SUA tool fails to decompress the files
Uninstall the Verizon SUA tool from the computer.
Reboot the computer
Start over at step 1 of the Restoring the device.

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support