Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naturenanna
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 11 of 17

Re: Gboard not working

What adaptor and can you be more explicit for me please? Thanks Pleased it worked for you. 

Marisol7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 264
Message 12 of 17

Hi naturenanna,

I found an old keyboard with a USB cable. The adapter was a USB to micro (that would fit my phone)

Once keyboard was connected to phone, I was able to type my password on the keyboard and it opened the phone. 

Hope that helps.

naturenanna
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 13 of 17

Thankyou so much for replying I will have to find a keyboard now with a USB to micro. 

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 247
Message 14 of 17

@naturenanna wrote:

Thankyou so much for replying I will have to find a keyboard now with a USB to micro. 

If you look back through the posts one user says that connecting the Phone to a PC via a USB Data cable made the Gboard appear but make sure you have these official Motorola USB drivers installed on the PC,

https://techxat.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-s8-wont-turn-on-boot-up/

naturenanna
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 15 of 17

Thankyou 

JoeyRamone
What's DOS?
Views: 182
Message 16 of 17

Same problem I have a Moto G4 Plus and I would shut the phone down on a low battery to enable fast turbo charging.  

But when you turn the phone back on you would have to enter password to unlock phone.

However with the latest Gboard update the virtual keyboard would not pop up so I was locked out of the phone for several days before I discovered a solution.

Apparently you can install apps to your phone from your PC.  Think the only requirement is you must have a gmail address registered on the phone and use the same credentials to log into the Google Play store with your PC.

GO HERE:  https://play.google.com/store/apps

Do a search for the GBOARD app and reinstall it.  It will be installed to your phone via the airwaves as directed from your PC !!!

I did this and now I have access to the phone again .... AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 158
Message 17 of 17

I quite often test apps and load them via my Laptop to my Phone from the Playstore Web page Smiley Happy

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Posts