Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

03-25-2015

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 12

Get rid of Search Bar

2015-07-08, 12:55 PM
Can you guys help me how to get rid of this Google Search Bar. Yesterday it wasn't there but after I turned my phone off and back on, it now shows up when I click the all apps button to see which apps are running. I use Nova Launcher, and yes I've disabled it there and in the system, but for some reason it just shows up now and is annoying the hell outta me. Below is a video to show you what I mean
Options

93 Posts

11-30-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Get rid of Search Bar

2015-07-08, 12:58 PM

Long press an empty spot on the screen , go to settings and turn off the " Google search bar " there.

Options

28 Posts

03-25-2015

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2015-07-08, 15:12 PM

Term1960 said:

Long press an empty spot on the screen , go to settings and turn off the " Google search bar " there.

View original

Like I said, I've already done that. It wasn't there yesterday, it appeared after I turned off off and back on

Options

265 Posts

01-09-2015

India

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 4 of 12

2015-07-09, 0:18 AM

Seems like the screwy search bar is an issue for multiple users. Mine is disabled also and every time I Power off and on, it is very erratic(noticeably worse). Stock launcher. Seems to help when I enable it and disable it again. After a while it starts to act up again though, like a brief glimpse when I open up to the home screen. I just power cycle once again and enable and disable. Maybe something Google can get figured out. BTW I can't view your video from my phone, and I'm sure this ain't the answer your looking for, but this does give me some temporary relief if you've not tried this yet. 

Edit: Unfortunately, I think there are a multiple little quirks that will eventually get ironed out, and this appears to definitely be one of them.

Options

71 Posts

10-30-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2015-07-09, 0:40 AM

I've had an issue with this search bar not loading.  Although I want the search bar and you don't, I found a fix to get the bar to behave.  Maybe it's worth a try for you.  

Click the power button > Long press power off until you can boot into safe mode > Restart phone into Safe mode > Restart again.

I read in another forum this resets widgets and perhaps this will resolve your issue. 

Options

28 Posts

03-25-2015

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2015-07-09, 13:05 PM
Thank you both, none of it works for me. Is really annoying, but I'll live. Hope they fix that with an update, either Motorola or nova launcher...
Options

1518 Posts

11-09-2014

Fair Oaks, California

7 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 7 of 12

2015-07-09, 15:04 PM

BeepBoop said:

I've had an issue with this search bar not loading.  Although I want the search bar and you don't, I found a fix to get the bar to behave.  Maybe it's worth a try for you.

Click the power button > Long press power off until you can boot into safe mode > Restart phone into Safe mode > Restart again.

I read in another forum this resets widgets and perhaps this will resolve your issue.

View original

I just booted to Safe Mode for the first time since upgrading and after restarting to Normal Mode all widgets had been removed from all of my screens and I had to re-add them. sad

Options

281 Posts

06-02-2011

United States

123 Signins

1897 Page Views

• Views: 1897
  • Message 8 of 12

2015-07-09, 15:54 PM

@TimTurbo - I had that happen on 4.4.4 but it was not all my widgets. Certain ones seemed to not persist while others made the transition no problem. That stinks that they all disappear now.

Options

71 Posts

10-30-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2015-07-09, 17:20 PM

TimTurbo said:

BeepBoop said:

View original

I just booted to Safe Mode for the first time since upgrading and after restarting to Normal Mode all widgets had been removed from all of my screens and I had to re-add them. sad

View original

Oh no!  Sorry Tim.    

Options

1518 Posts

11-09-2014

Fair Oaks, California

7 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 10 of 12

2015-07-09, 18:00 PM

BeepBoop said:

TimTurbo said:

BeepBoop said:

View original

View original

Oh no!  Sorry Tim.  

View original

Its OK BeepBoop! Being the over average nerd I expect little things like this as most of us do here in the forums. It took all of about two minutes to add them back. yes

I did the Safe Mode "Widget reset" because my Command Center app keeps displaying the wrong location about twenty minutes after arriving home and has been for the last week since the update. I am literally across the street from the next town and it started displaying the next town. After running the Safe Mode reset it's working correctly again! smiley

So.. Thank you BeepBoop... I have to say it worked! cool

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms