Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-18-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Google Cardboard "Click" Problem

2014-12-18, 3:03 AM
One of the first things I wanted to try was google cardboard because of the high resolution display. When I launch the app it looks like the magnet click function doesn't work. I tried flipping the orientation of the phone to see if the magnet sensor was in a different place. This worked fine when I had the Moto X, but not with the Droid turbo. Any suggestions?
Options

1518 Posts

11-09-2014

Fair Oaks, California

7 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Google Cardboard "Click" Problem

2014-12-20, 1:36 AM

I noticed this also. After a little research it would appear that the Droid Turbo does not include the Magnetometer that the MAXX and other Droids had included before, which I believe is required for Google Cardboard. Looking at the  Motorola Turbo Specs page I do not see the Magnetometer listed under Sensors where as I do on the MAXX Specs page (Both links below). Makes me wonder what Motorola is using to make the phone detect the Motorola Flip Case?

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/shop-all-mobile-phones/DROID-Maxx/m-droid-maxx.html

http://www.motorola.com/us/droid-turbo-pdp.html

Update: As Adman points out below the Droid Turbo includes an eCompass Sensor, aka a Magnetometer . And below MelBot decribes how to confiigure Google Cardboard to work with the Droid Turbo! yes

Thanks MelBot and AdMan! smiley

Options

22 Posts

11-29-2010

United States of America

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 3 of 6

2014-12-29, 17:57 PM

I did the same and it's a serious bummer, right? Mused, I was by the comments above...

So I took me one of those large rare-earth magnets and started moving it all around on my naked XT1254 BN filled DODO case.

Walla! I mostly found me a spot on the front middle, bottom sort of to the left slowly sliding the magnet either right to left and/or up and down. 

Options

22 Posts

11-29-2010

United States of America

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 4 of 6

2014-12-30, 1:44 AM

I went here;http://m.GsmArena.com/motorola_droid_turbo-6727.php Then I clicked on "Sensors" and read the definition, seems the word "Compass" is synonymous with "Magnetometer".

Options

1 Posts

01-05-2015

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 6

2015-01-05, 0:26 AM

If you pull the magnet out and tape it onto the upper corner on the right side of the cardboard, and then slap the washer on the outside, it will catch the turbo's magnetometer. It's worked really well for me so far.

Options

3 Posts

08-20-2015

Russian Federation

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 6

2015-08-20, 13:16 PM

MelBot said:

If you pull the magnet out and tape it onto the upper corner on the right side of the cardboard

Thanks, works with Droid Ultra/Maxx as well )

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms