Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

95 Posts

11-07-2013

United States

295 Signins

2465 Page Views

• Views: 2465
  • Message 1 of 10

New "Contacts" app

2015-07-13, 0:17 AM

Since upgrading to 5.1 I can no longer see ALL of any contacts phone numbers on the initial view. Once you select a contact an if that contact has more than one phone number associated with it only the first one is visible. To see the  multiple numbers for a contact you have to select the down arrow "SEE ALL", Have I missed an option or is just the way it is.

Answer
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971

Re: New "Contacts" app

2015-07-13, 5:07 AM

There is one other option. Although, the default app doesn't work the way you want, there are 3rd party apps that can definitely help.

I have used DW Contacts for a couple of years. It is a fantastic contact app. It also has a dialer, but it isn't necessary to use it if you don't want to. So, the only change you will see, if that is what you want, would be the People app.

It is very customizable as well. You can control where things are placed, colors, fonts and a lot more. You should check it out to see if it would work for you. You can also look around the Play Store for other ones as well. I really love the Play Store.

The link that I have is for the Pro version. I couldn't find the free version from a browser. I do see it in the Play Store on my phone, though. There is no reason to buy the Pro version, unless you want the additional features that you would get. It is $10. I liked the app so much that I did buy the Pro version.Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Replies(9)
Options

298 Posts

07-05-2013

United States of America

241 Signins

2997 Page Views

• Views: 2997
  • Message 2 of 10

2015-07-13, 1:45 AM
Oddly enough, that's just the way it is.
Answer
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 3 of 10

2015-07-13, 5:07 AM

There is one other option. Although, the default app doesn't work the way you want, there are 3rd party apps that can definitely help.

I have used DW Contacts for a couple of years. It is a fantastic contact app. It also has a dialer, but it isn't necessary to use it if you don't want to. So, the only change you will see, if that is what you want, would be the People app.

It is very customizable as well. You can control where things are placed, colors, fonts and a lot more. You should check it out to see if it would work for you. You can also look around the Play Store for other ones as well. I really love the Play Store.

The link that I have is for the Pro version. I couldn't find the free version from a browser. I do see it in the Play Store on my phone, though. There is no reason to buy the Pro version, unless you want the additional features that you would get. It is $10. I liked the app so much that I did buy the Pro version.Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

95 Posts

11-07-2013

United States

295 Signins

2465 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2015-07-13, 10:21 AM

Thank You Joel, I'll give DW Contacts a look see.

Options

85 Posts

07-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 10

2015-07-14, 0:49 AM

Oh boy.  Why?  WHY?  WHY would they change that???  I have only received calls since receiving Lollipop so I did not notice this change yet.  Now I did. What are they thinking?  I had to go turn on my old Droid Razr Maxx which is still on Jelly Bean to see what it was there (since I don't have a Kit Kat device anymore) and sure enough it was the old way on Jelly Bean.

So this change forces you to set a default for EVERY contact with multiple numbers (Home, Office, Cell, Alternate) which is not always the one you're going to use. The old way is the correct way - open the contact and touch the number you want.  Now there's an extra two steps.

However, there's an interesting twist - If appears if you have up to 3 separate numbers, it WILL show them all right off the bat but if you have more than that, it will have a "show all" selection.  Not sure that's always true but it looks that way on the contacts I have.

And the Lollipop contact screen takes up HALF THE SCREEN with the contact's picture.  At least Jelly Bean (and presumably Kit Kat) had a smaller portion of the screen to show a truncated image.  Why do I need half the screen devoted to a picture of someone I already know what they look like instead of showing me all their possible phone numbers?

Yet another item that's just the way it is, you can't configure it at all and have to resort to a third party fix!

Ugh!

Options

95 Posts

11-07-2013

United States

295 Signins

2465 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2015-07-14, 15:36 PM

Kevin

Just checked your point about three numbers, unless I'm doing it wrong I still only show one and have to use the "See More". I kind of followed Joel's advise and downloaded a third party app, right now I'm seeing how "Contacts+" works.

Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Views: 210
  • Message 7 of 10

2015-07-14, 15:49 PM

I tried Contacts+ but still ended up with multi-part contacts -- sometimes one Contacts+ entry for each number and then more for each email.  

I prefer one contact entry that has all the information.

I am now using DW Contacts now which seems to work.

Options

154 Posts

09-22-2010

United States of America

27 Signins

290 Page Views

• Views: 290
  • Message 8 of 10

2015-07-14, 17:30 PM

kevinkar said:

Oh boy.  Why?  WHY?  WHY would they change that???

View original

Not to mention Groups are gone.  Noticed my ICE group was missing.

Options

85 Posts

07-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2015-07-15, 4:43 AM

xgasman said:

Kevin

Just checked your point about three numbers, unless I'm doing it wrong I still only show one and have to use the "See More".

I have several 3-number contacts and a lot of 2-number contacts but only a few 4 or more number contacts.  For my phone, it sure seems like I see up to 3 before the See All shows up.  So maybe there's a setting somewhere.  Either way, this is definitely annoying!  If I figure something out I'll let everyone know.

Options

85 Posts

07-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2015-07-15, 4:49 AM

keatingt said:

Not to mention Groups are gone.  Noticed my ICE group was missing.

Oh no.  Don't get me started again!  Why would that be removed?  That's been around for a long time.  That's even displayed on the lock screen on Jelly Bean.  Emergency Call or Emergency Contacts.  And you can set up 3 of them too.  Who's running the show???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms