Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

94 Posts

12-23-2011

United States of America

17 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 291 of 319

Re: No Simultaneous Voice and Data / Advanced Calling

2015-03-12, 15:28 PM
Luckily I'll be ready for an upgrade to a Samsung on AT&T before they get this fiasco resolved.
Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 292 of 319

2015-03-12, 17:27 PM

jstotter said:

Luckily I'll be ready for an upgrade to a Samsung on AT&T before they get this fiasco resolved.View original

One of the lines on my plan is up for an update.

I am seriously thinking about moving that line to AT&T.

Verizon has really dropped the ball of late, especially with the Turbo.

After spending a half hour on my office phone with Tier 2 about dropped calls and audio quality, I promptly called (from my turbo) another family member (also on a turbo) for an update my elderly mother's health issues, only to have the call drop three times and fail to reconnect twice!

With all that is going on in my life right now, a stable phone connection is not optional ...

I am not sure who to blame for these issues, but the current combination of VZW and the Turbo is simply not acceptable.

Options

284 Posts

06-03-2011

United States

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 293 of 319

2015-03-12, 17:53 PM

JBass said:

After spending a half hour on my office phone with Tier 2 about dropped calls and audio quality, I promptly called (from my turbo) another family member (also on a turbo) for an update my elderly mother's health issues, only to have the call drop three times and fail to reconnect twice!

With all that is going on in my life right now, a stable phone connection is not optional ...

I am not sure who to blame for these issues, but the current combination of VZW and the Turbo is simply not acceptable.

View original

My experiences haven't been that bad, so take this with a grain of salt.  But we did try AT&T for awhile and there are still things that aren't as good as Verizon - like building penetration and certain dead spots - but that's mostly referring to data.  If voice calls and basic texts are a concern, AT&T should be, generally speaking, as good - b/c their coverage for HSPA+ and Edge is just as widespread as Verizon's.

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 294 of 319

2015-03-12, 18:19 PM

jntdroid said:

JBass said:

View original

My experiences haven't been that bad, so take this with a grain of salt.  

But we did try AT&T for awhile and there are still things that aren't as good as Verizon - like building penetration and certain dead spots - but that's mostly referring to data.  

If voice calls and basic texts are a concern, AT&T should be, generally speaking, as good - b/c their coverage for HSPA+ and Edge is just as widespread as Verizon's.

View original

It is sad as VZW used to be the US gold standard for cell phones.

I told the tier 2 rep that I think their infrastructure is overtaxed as the quality and stability continues to decline.

Moving to one of the domestic gsm carriers would also give me a phone that is more compatible with other countries' systems.

Options

284 Posts

06-03-2011

United States

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 295 of 319

2015-03-12, 18:23 PM

JBass said:

I told the tier 2 rep that I think their infrastructure is overtaxed as the quality and stability continues to decline.

Moving to one of the domestic gsm carriers would also give me a phone that is more compatible with other countries' systems.

View original

I will say the device freedom on AT&T is nice.  Not AT&T's devices, but being able to buy GSM unlocked devices (Nexus devices, Xperia Z3 compact, etc.) that would never work on Verizon is pretty nice.  

If I wasn't on the 10gb for $80 plan, I'd move today... and even then I'm still tempted to go again.

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 296 of 319

2015-03-13, 0:40 AM

jntdroid said:

JBass said:

View original

I will say the device freedom on AT&T is nice.  

Not AT&T's devices, but being able to buy GSM unlocked devices (Nexus devices, Xperia Z3 compact, etc.) that would never work on Verizon is pretty nice.  

If I wasn't on the 10gb for $80 plan, I'd move today... and even then I'm still tempted to go again.

View original

For years I used a moto smartphone from China Mobile(2006) that seemed to work everywhere.

I loved the flexibility to take to any carrier ...

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_rokr_e6-1810.php

Options

77 Posts

09-14-2013

8 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 297 of 319

2015-03-13, 1:19 AM

Interestingly enough, the Nexus 7 on Verizon had the same issues. It appears that the issue is resolved in the 5.1 lollipop update, though a setting needs to be enabled. [edited by crystallet, moderator to remove link to hidden menu]  I wonder if the 5.1 update will do the same for the Turbo.

Sorry, but the Forum House Rules don't permit the posting of codes to unlock hidden menus.

Options

75 Posts

10-21-2011

United States of America

74 Signins

1313 Page Views

• Views: 1313
  • Message 298 of 319

2015-04-06, 21:06 PM

I must have missed something here. I just got my Dorid Turbo on April 3rd. I'm in an LTE market but just placed a call to a landline phone and brought up the browser at the same time and everything worked fine. Was this something that was fixed in the last update?

Options

57 Posts

01-29-2015

United States of America

325 Signins

2324 Page Views

• Views: 2324
  • Message 299 of 319

2015-04-06, 21:10 PM
Yes, as soon as the phone was activated you would have received an update
to enable this.
Options

1518 Posts

11-09-2014

Fair Oaks, California

7 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 300 of 319

2015-04-06, 22:29 PM

@ebourlet, To elaborate, Yes prior to two updates, one in December and one in March the Turbo was not able to use Data and Voice at the same time. December's update made simultaneous Data and Voice work and brought us Advanced Calling 1.0 - HD Voice and Video Calling. There were still some issues with the aforementioned and another update was released last month.  wink

When you activated the phone you may have received the last update OTA or it was installed from the factory. I'll assume the later.

Some of us are still seeing issues with AC and are hoping the the next update will resolve them. yes

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms