Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

189 Posts

07-04-2014

United States

57 Signins

457 Page Views

  • Posts: 189
  • Registered: ‎07-04-2014
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 457
  • Message 4241 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-24, 23:48 PM

JBass said:



hub1 said:



cmit said:



4RingsNBR said:



ohaness said:


Correct me but the Moto X 2nd Gen with the reported soak for Verizon going on will probably be the first Moto Lollipop 5.1 phone on Verizon's network with Advanced Calling capabilities. Don't think the Moto X 1st Gen can or will have AC.  Anyway, bet that needs a final OK and general roll out before they get the Turbo updated.


View original


Of course the original X can support AC. Its internals are basically the same as the Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, and Droid MAXX which received AC months ago.  Why the 1st gen X didn't get this same update is a bit of a mystery, unless Moto was trying to keep the dialer pure and not use the modified Verizon AC dialer.  Native 5.1 support should include 1st AND 2nd gen Moto X's.  If they don't get VoLTE to the 2nd Gen X, they're going to permanently lose a lot of customers.  Without VoLTE, the 2nd Gen X can't even receive MMS messages while on the phone due to the way Verizon's network works.  Verizon should have never released the phone until VoLTE was running on it-- just like the Nexus 6.


View original


Given that is all true and I be do believe you why does it seem so hard to get AC to the turbo?


View original


The Turbo already has Advanced Calling and if you have a good 4G signal it works the way it should.

I know some folks are having problems, but I believe that has to do with poor 4G signal not any defect with the Turbo.


It's been stated by Verizon that if you are on a AC call and your signal drops from 4G to 3G the call will drop. Hopefully Verizon can upgrade their 4G coverage so that everyone can take advantage of all the features of the Turbo.

Just my 2 cents


View original


Our phones (7 turbos in three counties) AC issues exist without regard to signal strength. This has been discussed Ad nauseam.



Wifi can also be unpredictable, undependable and often incompatible with certain routers and frequencies regardless of signal strength.



Some have reported that their turbos can actually cause issues for those sharing a router.


View original


I thought at first that my drops had to do with signal strength as well, but now that I've had sufficient time to check every time I have one , there has been plenty of signal strength. I also will have strong signal and have calls fail to init, resulting in the call dropping before the first ring even... happens a lot too. anyone else have issues with Gmail loading , but not showing inbox and just a blank white screen while on wifi? notice a lot of page load stalls lately as well. has nothing to do with my router or my speed . My household has major internet usage , but I also pay for ridiculous amounts of bandwidth. I have begun to notice its not just Gmail , but most apps have a lag to connect. if I close the blank screen then immediately reopen , pages and apps will populate.

Reply
Options

281 Posts

06-02-2011

United States

123 Signins

1897 Page Views

  • Posts: 281
  • Registered: ‎06-02-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 1897
  • Message 4242 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 0:06 AM

@ukv155 - When my phone starts doing weird stuff like that I usually do a cache clear through the recovery menu. That's every couple of weeks for me. 

Reply
Options

51 Posts

05-06-2015

India

13 Signins

71 Page Views

  • Posts: 51
  • Registered: ‎05-06-2015
  • Location: India
  • Views: 71
  • Message 4243 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 0:13 AM
My friend, co worker and employee just taded in his old droid 4 for an iPhone 6 on vzw. He loves it. No issues. No cache clearing, just app swiping. It's starting to look pretty good to me...
Reply
Options

358 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

170 Signins

1205 Page Views

  • Posts: 358
  • Registered: ‎03-23-2015
  • Location: Brazil
  • Views: 1205
  • Message 4244 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 0:15 AM

ukv155 said:



JBass said:



hub1 said:



cmit said:



4RingsNBR said:



ohaness said:


Correct me but the Moto X 2nd Gen with the reported soak for Verizon going on will probably be the first Moto Lollipop 5.1 phone on Verizon's network with Advanced Calling capabilities. Don't think the Moto X 1st Gen can or will have AC.  Anyway, bet that needs a final OK and general roll out before they get the Turbo updated.


View original


Of course the original X can support AC. Its internals are basically the same as the Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, and Droid MAXX which received AC months ago.  Why the 1st gen X didn't get this same update is a bit of a mystery, unless Moto was trying to keep the dialer pure and not use the modified Verizon AC dialer.  Native 5.1 support should include 1st AND 2nd gen Moto X's.  If they don't get VoLTE to the 2nd Gen X, they're going to permanently lose a lot of customers.  Without VoLTE, the 2nd Gen X can't even receive MMS messages while on the phone due to the way Verizon's network works.  Verizon should have never released the phone until VoLTE was running on it-- just like the Nexus 6.


View original


Given that is all true and I be do believe you why does it seem so hard to get AC to the turbo?


View original


The Turbo already has Advanced Calling and if you have a good 4G signal it works the way it should.

I know some folks are having problems, but I believe that has to do with poor 4G signal not any defect with the Turbo.


It's been stated by Verizon that if you are on a AC call and your signal drops from 4G to 3G the call will drop. Hopefully Verizon can upgrade their 4G coverage so that everyone can take advantage of all the features of the Turbo.

Just my 2 cents


View original


Our phones (7 turbos in three counties) AC issues exist without regard to signal strength. This has been discussed Ad nauseam.



Wifi can also be unpredictable, undependable and often incompatible with certain routers and frequencies regardless of signal strength.



Some have reported that their turbos can actually cause issues for those sharing a router.


View original


I thought at first that my drops had to do with signal strength as well, but now that I've had sufficient time to check every time I have one , there has been plenty of signal strength. I also will have strong signal and have calls fail to init, resulting in the call dropping before the first ring even... happens a lot too. anyone else have issues with Gmail loading , but not showing inbox and just a blank white screen while on wifi? notice a lot of page load stalls lately as well. has nothing to do with my router or my speed . My household has major internet usage , but I also pay for ridiculous amounts of bandwidth. I have begun to notice its not just Gmail , but most apps have a lag to connect. if I close the blank screen then immediately reopen , pages and apps will populate.


View original


Yes. I have come to accept the WiFi is flaky. I have a very good router and 100mbs speed. I have tested on all bands and have problems. The exact gmail problem you describe. If I click on an item in say google now loading is 50-50. Usually loads second time. VZ's solution. Don't  use wifi. I do not have problem on 4G so I think it is wifi. 



Gotta love VZ. Don't  want problems, turn off ac, wfi, blutooth, nfc, and the phone.

Reply
Options

358 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

170 Signins

1205 Page Views

  • Posts: 358
  • Registered: ‎03-23-2015
  • Location: Brazil
  • Views: 1205
  • Message 4245 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 0:18 AM

jandrewcol said:


@ukv155 - When my phone starts doing weird stuff like that I usually do a cache clear through the recovery menu. That's every couple of weeks for me. 


View original


While this may help this is really not something  you should have to do. Most people probably  don't  know how to do this.

Reply
Options

75 Posts

09-01-2013

United States of America

120 Signins

777 Page Views

  • Posts: 75
  • Registered: ‎09-01-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 777
  • Message 4246 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 0:22 AM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:



Dudicalbob said:


I've seen two articles in two days now that say "Motorola Confirmed update by end of 2014". I'd be very impressed if they pulled it off.


View original


I saw someone reference that too, but I don't think we ever said that -- anyone find a Motorola statement to that effect?


View original


I'll be amazed if they pull off a major update by the end of 2015, and I'm very serious about this assessment. The dance between Moto and Verizon has reached a point where I am ready to drop both Moto and Verizon and I've been with this provider/phone marriage since long before Verizon was a company. It was Bell Atlantic when I bought my first bag phone in 1995. So Matt, after 20 years I've grown tired of the games that both companies play, particularly with the devices that VZW has exclusive domain over. Similar to the ATT/Apple monopoly over what is actually a nice phone. I'm done venting and I'm going shopping. 

Reply
Options

189 Posts

07-04-2014

United States

57 Signins

457 Page Views

  • Posts: 189
  • Registered: ‎07-04-2014
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 457
  • Message 4247 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 0:25 AM

cmit said:



jandrewcol said:


@ukv155 - When my phone starts doing weird stuff like that I usually do a cache clear through the recovery menu. That's every couple of weeks for me. 


View original


While this may help this is really not something  you should have to do. Most people probably  don't  know how to do this.


View original


Agreed. I know how to do this , but shouldn't have to. At least not often at all.

Reply
Options

65 Posts

05-01-2015

United States of America

112 Signins

529 Page Views

  • Posts: 65
  • Registered: ‎05-01-2015
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 529
  • Message 4248 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 1:05 AM

toker53 said:



Matt (Forums Manager) said:



Dudicalbob said:


I've seen two articles in two days now that say "Motorola Confirmed update by end of 2014". I'd be very impressed if they pulled it off.


View original


I saw someone reference that too, but I don't think we ever said that -- anyone find a Motorola statement to that effect?


View original


I'll be amazed if they pull off a major update by the end of 2015, and I'm very serious about this assessment. The dance between Moto and Verizon has reached a point where I am ready to drop both Moto and Verizon and I've been with this provider/phone marriage since long before Verizon was a company. It was Bell Atlantic when I bought my first bag phone in 1995. So Matt, after 20 years I've grown tired of the games that both companies play, particularly with the devices that VZW has exclusive domain over. Similar to the ATT/Apple monopoly over what is actually a nice phone. I'm done venting and I'm going shopping.


View original


I'm starting to lean towards that same conclusion that we're not getting an update at all.

Reply
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

  • Posts: 12372
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 20947
  • Message 4249 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 1:37 AM

I think most people need the instructions in front of them when they do a cache clear, or go into the recovery menu for any reason.  But it's there for a reason, and that's why Motorola posts the instructions on their website.  Sometimes I think that the customizability of Android is both it's greatest feature and it's worst fault, because it's only as good as the settings and apps we choose.  Especially considering the fact that not all apps are created equal, sometimes our phones fall victim to digital gunk that just won't leave any other way.  



Should we have to?  No.  Am I glad we can?  Yes.   ;-)

Reply
Options

967 Posts

12-12-2011

United States of America

17 Signins

140 Page Views

  • Posts: 967
  • Registered: ‎12-12-2011
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 140
  • Message 4250 of 4794

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

2015-06-25, 1:49 AM

Wow check it out!  Google announces lollipop 5.0.  I can't wait to see this performance. 



 



http://bgr.com/2014/10/15/google-android-5-0-lollipop-release/

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms