Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-29-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 4

Software Restoration

2018-12-29, 21:30 PM

Let me open with my gratitude for any help I might recieve here. I know moderators ( as well as members ) work very long hours with little aknowlegement to help those such as myself so again thank you in advance.

Ill attempt to be brief as possible concerning my issue while attempting to provide as much pertinent information as to avoid having to waste anyones time posting looking for details I believe you'll need to help me.I tend to get "wordy" so be patient please.

I recently puchased an unlocked Droid Turbo online, originally Verizon sponored now seeking T-Mobile/Metro useage. I unboxed the phone and charged it fully. Inserted my sim, entered my APN settings (Both T-Mobile and Metro) set the phone to global mode, made the call to 611 to register the sim and viola phone worked for about a day. The phone now freezes up constanly, gets very hot when charging both wirelessly or plugged in, will not power down (locks on the "powering off" pop up with the rotating circle), and does the same when i attemped to reset phone.

I am familiar with unlocking Samsung phones, useage of TWRP, Odin etc. for ROM installations and I know the importance of software builds, baseband versions being accurate to minimize "bricking" devices. I do not however know anything of Motorola software or the useage thereof. 

Can Motorola phones be "unlocked" "rooted" and or manipulated via "recovery mode" in similar ways with the correct programs i am unfamiliar with? I would like to attempt to reload the OS before i waste the time and money to return the phone after accepting its a hardware issue. I can provide build numbers and other specs if anyone is willing to walk me through the process. Ihate being a "Noob" but just dont have the time to dedicate to acheive "Developer" status. I know enough to be a danger to hardware unguided. I just want to use my new phone, any guideance would be appreciated.

Allen Pinney "our2cents"

Options

Re: Software Restoration

2018-12-30, 10:27 AM

Before going down the path you have posted and if you haven't already then do a Factory Reset to start fresh.This is almost always a Hardware safe otpion unless the phone is faulty and less dangerous than unlocking and installing Stock or Custom roms etc,

I do this even when getting a Brand new phone as I/We never know what may have been messed with,even in the Factory!

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118101/

HTH :)

Options

5 Posts

12-29-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

63 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2019-01-17, 23:04 PM
Options

5 Posts

12-29-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

63 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-01-17, 23:08 PM

Also sideline issue I'm using my Droid Turbo 2 in the absence of the new phone and I'm having trouble finding the calling over Wi-Fi sitting in the phone can you tell me where it's at?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms