Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 7 (1,016 Views)

The "Jelly Effect" When Scrolling

I was hoping that I wasn't the only one to notice the fact that there was sort of a "jelly effect" when scrolling. I found out that I wasn't crazy when I saw The Verge's review, including a slow motion video of it occurring. It's evident in the launcher, chrome, and the play store, but not as pronounced on most other apps. Does anyone have an idea why the Turbo does this, and not other QHD screens?

Although I don't agree with The Verge's review, this gif is very helpful in seeing the effect.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/W_uQW2GUPbo-UUDvPCXfmuC2sxo=/700x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn...

Punch Card
Message 2 of 7 (1,016 Views)

Re: The "Jelly Effect" When Scrolling

Hi, I just tried duplicating the problem shown and my Turbo looks nothing like that, no jelly effect at all. I should add that I changed the animation settings the day I got the phone although I'm not sure the standard setting would cause what you are seeing.
Hopefully one of the Motorola experts will jump in with a better answer for you. Rich
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7 (1,016 Views)

It's there, it's just really subtle.  I never noticed it until that stupid review... Smiley Wink  

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7 (1,016 Views)

I do have this. I have noticed it on many Turbos, and before the review. I just assume its part of the driver or some weird optimization.
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 7 (1,016 Views)

richg12524 said:

Hi, I just tried duplicating the problem shown and my Turbo looks nothing like that, no jelly effect at all. I should add that I changed the animation settings the day I got the phone although I'm not sure the standard setting would cause what you are seeing. Hopefully one of the Motorola experts will jump in with a better answer for you. RichView original

I actually have my animations settings on 0.5X and I've noticed it. It's not too bad though, but I'm just curious how it happens.

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7 (1,016 Views)

I haven't noticed it on my turbo at all. I even went to their site where their video was and mine was smooth as silk.

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7 (1,016 Views)

I definitely have the jelly scrolling on my Turbo, and noticed it on the demo units in the Verizon store also. Hoping the Lollipop update will include a bug fix for this!