Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

60 Posts

03-02-2016

United States of America

122 Signins

743 Page Views

  • Posts: 60
  • Registered: ‎03-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 743
  • Message 441 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-23, 1:55 AM

This Moto was my first Android phone, and is certainly my last Moto product unless I decide to go the cheap route.  But I was wondering is it normal for Android OS to get progressively sluggish over time? I have done cache clearing in boot menu and have checked that most of my RAM is free. I really only use Google apps actively but I just feel overall like the Droid Turbo has been sluggish to use for being such a flagship phone.

Reply
Options

60 Posts

03-02-2016

United States of America

122 Signins

743 Page Views

  • Posts: 60
  • Registered: ‎03-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 743
  • Message 442 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-23, 1:56 AM

Don't worry, this issue has been solved. Moto says it'll update pending partner support. Verizon says it's up to manufacturers to release updates. We are caught in the middle.

Reply
Options

6 Posts

12-11-2014

United States

36 Signins

299 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎12-11-2014
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 299
  • Message 443 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-23, 1:56 AM

i've noticed the same thing with mine. Not sure whats causing it either. Maybe it's just tired and telling me I should retire it !!

Reply
Options

101 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

175 Signins

2095 Page Views

  • Posts: 101
  • Registered: ‎05-26-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2095
  • Message 444 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-24, 18:52 PM

By the time Motorola and Verizon have Marshmallow for the Turbo, Google Android will be serving Pizza to its customers.

Reply
Options

237 Posts

04-23-2008

United States of America

262 Signins

2297 Page Views

  • Posts: 237
  • Registered: ‎04-23-2008
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2297
  • Message 445 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-24, 20:11 PM

wrote:

This Moto was my first Android phone, and is certainly my last Moto product unless I decide to go the cheap route.  But I was wondering is it normal for Android OS to get progressively sluggish over time? I have done cache clearing in boot menu and have checked that most of my RAM is free. I really only use Google apps actively but I just feel overall like the Droid Turbo has been sluggish to use for being such a flagship phone.


Yes it is normal for an Android phone, not specific to this phone. Actually my first phone, HTC Evo, was far worse.


I am a former employee not a support professional so any help I offer here is as a fellow user.
Reply
Options

367 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

903 Signins

22083 Page Views

  • Posts: 367
  • Registered: ‎10-12-2012
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 22083
  • Message 446 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-24, 21:13 PM

Adhering to the Android developers candy & sweets theme, it would more likely be called "Peanut Brittle" than Pizza.

Take care, Craig.

 


wrote:

By the time Motorola and Verizon have Marshmallow for the Turbo, Google Android will be serving Pizza to its customers.


 

Reply
Options

101 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

175 Signins

2095 Page Views

  • Posts: 101
  • Registered: ‎05-26-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2095
  • Message 447 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-25, 12:17 PM

Yeah, but I like pizza :smileyhappy:

 

I could have chosen Popcorn but that would too much resemble how the Samsung phones are exploding.

Reply
Options

60 Posts

02-26-2013

United States of America

202 Signins

2132 Page Views

  • Posts: 60
  • Registered: ‎02-26-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2132
  • Message 448 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-25, 22:46 PM

I would say just get ready to get your next phone. I don't see us getting Marshmellow at this point. I am looking to move on to a new brand once my contract is up. This phone is done with updates in my mind. Sucks for it is a nice phone and I still have decent battery life on mine. I never got the claimed 48 hours from new, but has always gotten me through a full day without charging. Even when I use Strava while riding my mountainbike for a couple of hours.

Reply
Options

237 Posts

04-23-2008

United States of America

262 Signins

2297 Page Views

  • Posts: 237
  • Registered: ‎04-23-2008
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2297
  • Message 449 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-25, 22:52 PM

wrote:

I would say just get ready to get your next phone. I don't see us getting Marshmellow at this point. I am looking to move on to a new brand once my contract is up. This phone is done with updates in my mind. Sucks for it is a nice phone and I still have decent battery life on mine. I never got the claimed 48 hours from new, but has always gotten me through a full day without charging. Even when I use Strava while riding my mountainbike for a couple of hours.


I was just thinking though that I am glad I didn't get the Samsung Note 7 (which I was thinking of doing).  You can't use it on a plane and I don't think the avaiation authorities will be as quick to lift the ban as they were to impose it.


I am a former employee not a support professional so any help I offer here is as a fellow user.
Reply
Options

281 Posts

06-02-2011

United States

123 Signins

1897 Page Views

  • Posts: 281
  • Registered: ‎06-02-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 1897
  • Message 450 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-26, 14:21 PM

Anyone notice that the Cache Clear support page was updated to include Marshmallow instructions? There may be hope yet.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/102367/p/30,6720,9277

 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms