Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

06-13-2016

United States of America

51 Signins

197 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎06-13-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 197
  • Message 451 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-26, 14:24 PM

I would suspect that the Cache Clear support page was updated because DroidTurbo in India is running on MM. But yes, that's a hopeful sign.

 

markbilek

Reply
Options

281 Posts

06-02-2011

United States

123 Signins

1897 Page Views

  • Posts: 281
  • Registered: ‎06-02-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 1897
  • Message 452 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-26, 14:30 PM

I thought the Droid name was US only? Everywhere else I thought it was the Moto MAXX.

 


wrote:

I would suspect that the Cache Clear support page was updated because DroidTurbo in India is running on MM. But yes, that's a hopeful sign.

 

markbilek


 

Reply
Options

22 Posts

04-04-2015

United States

284 Signins

2889 Page Views

  • Posts: 22
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2015
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 2889
  • Message 453 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 5:03 AM

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/26/new-lenovo-layoffs-at-moto-company-has-now-lost-over-95-of-employees-in-four-years/

Reply
Options

281 Posts

06-02-2011

United States

123 Signins

1897 Page Views

  • Posts: 281
  • Registered: ‎06-02-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 1897
  • Message 454 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 12:42 PM

wrote:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/26/new-lenovo-layoffs-at-moto-company-has-now-lost-over-95-of-employees-in-four-years/


I saw that. It's too bad. Even if we get the update, after 3 Motorola phones in a row, I am not going to be buying another. I have lost confidence in them and Lenovo doesn't have a great track record of keeping their own Android devices up-to-date.

Reply
Options

96 Posts

12-10-2014

U.K.

151 Signins

929 Page Views

  • Posts: 96
  • Registered: ‎12-10-2014
  • Location: U.K.
  • Views: 929
  • Message 455 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 13:02 PM

I am looking forward to my new Google phone once it comes out in October. $81 left and my Turbo is paid. New Google phone and possibly Project FI in my near future. Good bye Moto. Good bye Verizon.

Reply
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

  • Posts: 12372
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 20947
  • Message 456 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 14:12 PM

wrote:

wrote:

This Moto was my first Android phone, and is certainly my last Moto product unless I decide to go the cheap route.  But I was wondering is it normal for Android OS to get progressively sluggish over time? I have done cache clearing in boot menu and have checked that most of my RAM is free. I really only use Google apps actively but I just feel overall like the Droid Turbo has been sluggish to use for being such a flagship phone.


Yes it is normal for an Android phone, not specific to this phone. Actually my first phone, HTC Evo, was far worse.


I'm afraid I have to disagree, and I say this from experience, since I have a very snappy 2013 Moto X that's been in service since i designed it.

 

Like a computer, your phone runs better with a bit of periodic maintenance.  Remove the apps you don't use, clear cache, free up some space by offloading music you don't listen to, or pics you don't look at.  Do you run a lot of widgets but don't really use them?  Get rid of them. Are you running apps that are newer than your version of the OS?  If so, they may not be optimized for your version.  In some cases, backing up data and performing a factory data reset without an automatic restore, setting the phone up as if it were new, will once again give you that fresh experience.

 

In many, many cases, it's not the phone's fault that it's struggling to keep up.  It's what we've done to it that's causing the problem, but it can be fixed with a few minutes of maintenance.

Reply
Options

60 Posts

03-02-2016

United States of America

122 Signins

743 Page Views

  • Posts: 60
  • Registered: ‎03-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 743
  • Message 457 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 14:24 PM

wrote:

I am looking forward to my new Google phone once it comes out in October. $81 left and my Turbo is paid. New Google phone and possibly Project FI in my near future. Good bye Moto. Good bye Verizon.


I was planning on getting the Pixel/Nexus as well but $650 for a 1080p screen? I hope the rumors are false. That seems a bit steep.

Reply
Options

358 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

170 Signins

1205 Page Views

  • Posts: 358
  • Registered: ‎03-23-2015
  • Location: Brazil
  • Views: 1205
  • Message 458 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 14:39 PM

Great advice, thanks.

 

Well excpet of course for the part about apps newer then my OS. An update would go a long away to fix that. Very clear it ain't gonna happen. Thanks for nothing VZ and Moto. $600 wasted on an unsupported POS. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

 

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

This Moto was my first Android phone, and is certainly my last Moto product unless I decide to go the cheap route.  But I was wondering is it normal for Android OS to get progressively sluggish over time? I have done cache clearing in boot menu and have checked that most of my RAM is free. I really only use Google apps actively but I just feel overall like the Droid Turbo has been sluggish to use for being such a flagship phone.


Yes it is normal for an Android phone, not specific to this phone. Actually my first phone, HTC Evo, was far worse.


I'm afraid I have to disagree, and I say this from experience, since I have a very snappy 2013 Moto X that's been in service since i designed it.

 

Like a computer, your phone runs better with a bit of periodic maintenance.  Remove the apps you don't use, clear cache, free up some space by offloading music you don't listen to, or pics you don't look at.  Do you run a lot of widgets but don't really use them?  Get rid of them. Are you running apps that are newer than your version of the OS?  If so, they may not be optimized for your version.  In some cases, backing up data and performing a factory data reset without an automatic restore, setting the phone up as if it were new, will once again give you that fresh experience.

 

In many, many cases, it's not the phone's fault that it's struggling to keep up.  It's what we've done to it that's causing the problem, but it can be fixed with a few minutes of maintenance.


 

Reply
Options

369 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

904 Signins

22103 Page Views

  • Posts: 369
  • Registered: ‎10-12-2012
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 22103
  • Message 459 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 14:44 PM
You're right, as Pogo said decades ago, "We have met the enemy and they is us!" And why are folks running apps newer than their OS version? The auto-update process is supposed to check the OS level BEFORE pushing newer versions of apps to the device. The Play Store just pushes out new versions of the apps.
Failure to check the OS before updating apps is one reason folks are PO'd about still not receiving the MM update on their older model phones. It's becoming just another way for app developers to shortchange existing users and reduce their appware support costs.
Reply
Options

237 Posts

04-23-2008

United States of America

262 Signins

2297 Page Views

  • Posts: 237
  • Registered: ‎04-23-2008
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2297
  • Message 460 of 592

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-09-27, 20:49 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

This Moto was my first Android phone, and is certainly my last Moto product unless I decide to go the cheap route.  But I was wondering is it normal for Android OS to get progressively sluggish over time? I have done cache clearing in boot menu and have checked that most of my RAM is free. I really only use Google apps actively but I just feel overall like the Droid Turbo has been sluggish to use for being such a flagship phone.


Yes it is normal for an Android phone, not specific to this phone. Actually my first phone, HTC Evo, was far worse.


I'm afraid I have to disagree, and I say this from experience, since I have a very snappy 2013 Moto X that's been in service since i designed it.

 

Like a computer, your phone runs better with a bit of periodic maintenance.  Remove the apps you don't use, clear cache, free up some space by offloading music you don't listen to, or pics you don't look at.  Do you run a lot of widgets but don't really use them?  Get rid of them. Are you running apps that are newer than your version of the OS?  If so, they may not be optimized for your version.  In some cases, backing up data and performing a factory data reset without an automatic restore, setting the phone up as if it were new, will once again give you that fresh experience.

 

In many, many cases, it's not the phone's fault that it's struggling to keep up.  It's what we've done to it that's causing the problem, but it can be fixed with a few minutes of maintenance.


I have never found that uninstalling apps takes the phone to the same state as it was before installing them.


I am a former employee not a support professional so any help I offer here is as a fellow user.
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms