Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

Re: Un-Official Marshmallow (Android 6.x) News here

2016-11-16, 1:52 AM

wrote:

While we are all waiting for Marshmallow, you can head over to the Verizon site and play with the tutorial - Marshmallow on Droid Turbo.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-droid-turbo-in-ballistic-nylon/simulator/

That is the same move VW pulled when LP was rumored to be coming out. They ended up removing it from thier site after several people called VW tech support.

Options

96 Posts

12-10-2014

U.K.

151 Signins

929 Page Views

• Views: 929
  • Message 562 of 592

2016-11-24, 12:56 PM

I dont think any MM is coming our way. I moved on but my wife still has her Turbo. I will probably buy her a Pixel XL for Christmas. I would have kept the phone if it wasnt for the lack of updates. It's still pretty powerful for today's standards. Verizon says its a retired device. Crappy way to do business to retire a phone while people are on 24 month payment plan still paying for it and I bought ours a month or two after it first came out. I can imagine the frustration of the people who bought it only a year ago.

Options

358 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

170 Signins

1205 Page Views

• Views: 1205
  • Message 563 of 592

2016-11-24, 14:01 PM

My XL arrives Monday, I was on the wait list for about a month. It will be great to have a device that is supported with regular updates. Paid extra to get it from the Google store. Don't trust VZ. My DT is 19 months old. Gave up on VZ and Moto 12 months ago.
VZ dropping support is worse than crappy. $600 for a phone, 1 late update to a version of Android it should have shipped with and nothing else. Not even securtity updates. As bad as it gets. VZ does not give a hoot about customer support, they just want to sell new phones and bandwidth.
wrote:

I dont think any MM is coming our way. I moved on but my wife still has her Turbo. I will probably buy her a Pixel XL for Christmas. I would have kept the phone if it wasnt for the lack of updates. It's still pretty powerful for today's standards. Verizon says its a retired device. Crappy way to do business to retire a phone while people are on 24 month payment plan still paying for it and I bought ours a month or two after it first came out. I can imagine the frustration of the people who bought it only a year ago.

Options

96 Posts

12-10-2014

U.K.

151 Signins

929 Page Views

• Message 564 of 592

2016-11-24, 14:20 PM

I bought the Pixel XL 32g on Oct 26th. I really love it. I took a chance from buying from Verizon bc of the deal. They promised to update the Pixel as soon as Google releases the updates. We will see. So far the first update and security update came exactly the same time as the Google Forum people received their update. So far so good. There is an update that was released in Canada to give the phone double tap to wake and pick up to wake which was a major complaint because notifications disapear after a few seconds and you would have to unlock to view any notifications. This should be released soon to US. Hoping for same time release from VZ. There are only 3 apps that VZ adds and all of them can be uninstalled. I am fully prepared to leave VZ by the time of the release of the next Google phone. I am making a committment to have this phone paid within a year. No more shananigans with VZ and Moto.

Options

75 Posts

09-01-2013

United States of America

120 Signins

777 Page Views

• Views: 777
  • Message 565 of 592

2016-11-25, 17:03 PM
I'm leaving Verizon for AT&T, they have an Unlimited Data plan for DirecTV
Customers, plus I get 20% company sponsored discount on everything. I can get an iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB for a few dollars a month more than the Turbo cost me and the Unlimited Data will offset that with unlimited streaming of all Directv Programming that's on my package. Total package price for 2 iPhones and my iPad will be about the same as I pay Verizon. Then I'll be done with both Motorola and Verizon by Christmas. I've had enough of this BS, I was using Motorola and Verizon when they were still a regional company called Bell Atlantic Metro Mobile, then NYNEX and then Verizon and this is the way they treat people? So much for customer loyalty. One thing I learned from owning an iPad is the updates to the SW happen so frequently that they can be annoying at times, but at least they send them. I though about the Pixel but it's still Verizon and I think they are the primary reason for this neglect. They are already rolling out 7.X for the MotoZ (Droid Edition) Those people better enjoy it because that's probably the last update they will see.
Options

96 Posts

12-10-2014

U.K.

151 Signins

929 Page Views

• Message 566 of 592

2016-11-25, 17:38 PM

wrote:
I'm leaving Verizon for AT&T, they have an Unlimited Data plan for DirecTV
Customers, plus I get 20% company sponsored discount on everything. I can get an iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB for a few dollars a month more than the Turbo cost me and the Unlimited Data will offset that with unlimited streaming of all Directv Programming that's on my package. Total package price for 2 iPhones and my iPad will be about the same as I pay Verizon. Then I'll be done with both Motorola and Verizon by Christmas. I've had enough of this BS, I was using Motorola and Verizon when they were still a regional company called Bell Atlantic Metro Mobile, then NYNEX and then Verizon and this is the way they treat people? So much for customer loyalty. One thing I learned from owning an iPad is the updates to the SW happen so frequently that they can be annoying at times, but at least they send them. I though about the Pixel but it's still Verizon and I think they are the primary reason for this neglect. They are already rolling out 7.X for the MotoZ (Droid Edition) Those people better enjoy it because that's probably the last update they will see.

That sounds like a plan. My plan is to pay this Pixel off early so I will be in the position to bolt from VZ the moment there is any nonsense from VZ with late updates.

Options

281 Posts

06-02-2011

United States

123 Signins

1897 Page Views

• Views: 1897
  • Message 567 of 592

2016-11-28, 14:04 PM

This is what blows me away, an iPhone 7 has a way smaller battery and I can get two full days of use without charging it. That is what the Turbo was supposed to do. It never did. Also my Turbo loses about 10% of its charge overnight, the iPhone 7 3%. When you look at the battery comparison the 10% of loss on the Turbo would be way more on an iPhone. I have settings set exactly the same. WiFi and BT I usually leave on. It is pretty sad when you think about it.

Options

96 Posts

12-10-2014

U.K.

151 Signins

929 Page Views

• Message 568 of 592

2016-11-29, 16:06 PM

I am still waiting for my wife's MM release...but until then Google will be releasing Nougat 7.1.1 on Dec 5th. This is a little test for me to see if my Verizon Pixel XL gets the update at the same time.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/android-7-1-1-nougat-175748137.html

Options

75 Posts

09-01-2013

United States of America

120 Signins

777 Page Views

• Views: 777
  • Message 569 of 592

2016-12-01, 10:14 AM

I was researching the Pixel, Both Models but primarily the XL due to the better display. Then I came across this report that claims Verizon will be deciding and I assume approving all Pixel SW updates.
https://plus.google.com/+DroidLife/posts/UBQwP796g6d

Kind of makes me lean toward the one from teh Google Store that can be activated anywhere. It's the Verizon Exclusives that wind up with the treatment the Turbo is now experiencing and I've had enough of the foot dragging, 12 months from now it will be the Pixel that will be placed on the back burner, and may face extended delays in recieving whatever is next in Android release, Oreo or whatever they are going to call it. I'm probably still going with a Pixel XL but it definetely won't come from Verizon.  

Options

96 Posts

12-10-2014

U.K.

151 Signins

929 Page Views

• Message 570 of 592

2016-12-01, 10:55 AM

The Pixel is not really a Verizon exclusive. You can buy it from Verizon then switch to any major network carrier, or in my case,  I bought it on the Verizon monthly installment plan with the intent of buying it outright and switching as soon I experience any delays in updates. Because of this, I do think they would be foolish to delay updates when people have the option of leaving. The next update for the Pixel 7.1.1 is Dec 5th. To me, this is a big one because it brings Double Tap to Wake which is currently lacking and security updates unlike what we have seen for the Turbo in quite awhile.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms