Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: Unexpected Shutdown on Droid Turbo

2016-03-17, 19:16 PM

wrote:

wrote:

unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue with my battery. i chatted with support from motorola. rep was trying to help at first but when all measures were exhausted (factory reset and all) she started to get corporate. in the end, the phone is junk and needs to be replaced. it is still under warranty since i just bought it in sept. 2015. she gave 2 options, which are both ridiculous. 1st option, pay $500.00 + tax upfront, + another $24.99 for shipping. 2nd option, send back the unit for replacement after they receive it. I chose the 2nd option, she just stated without a blink that the 2nd option was not available to me and backed out of it. Gave me a 3rd, which is to send back the phone for repair and if they cannot fix it, they will not replace it, they will just return it to me. just shows how unreliable motorola is when it comes to warranties. why do i have to go thru all these for a defective phone after only 6 months of normal use? never again.

I would be glad to look into this, but I admit to being confused. We don't sell Droids (or warranty them) in Brazil, which is the country you have selected. And there is no other information about your phone.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Okay, update. I was able to find your case.

There was clearly a misunderstanding. I read the chat multiple times and I don't see her saying we would return your phone without repairing it (though of course, no repair is 100% certain). 

We have robust warranty repair -- send in your phone and we'll repair it or replace it with a like-new version. We pay shipping, but you are without the phone during the repair.

Advanced Exchange is a premium offer that puts a phone in your hand before you have to give yours up. We do charge for the service, and we have to secure the phone with a credit card hold. We learned that the hard way as some phones never came back. I see complaints about this sometimes, and about the premium fee ($24.99 and it's not for shipping). I think it's telling that I don't see our competitors offering it except in some isolated circumstances. Even we can't offer it in every case, but we try to. We think customers want to have interrupted use of their phone.

It looks like your repair process is underway. Hoping this gets taken care of and you're happy with your phone again.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

642 Posts

06-15-2015

184 Signins

2513 Page Views

• Message 12 of 17

2016-03-17, 19:17 PM

@"Nino2 wrote:

unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue with my battery. i chatted with support from motorola. rep was trying to help at first but when all measures were exhausted (factory reset and all) she started to get corporate. in the end, the phone is junk and needs to be replaced. it is still under warranty since i just bought it in sept. 2015. she gave 2 options, which are both ridiculous. 1st option, pay $500.00 + tax upfront, + another $24.99 for shipping. 2nd option, send back the unit for replacement after they receive it. I chose the 2nd option, she just stated without a blink that the 2nd option was not available to me and backed out of it. Gave me a 3rd, which is to send back the phone for repair and if they cannot fix it, they will not replace it, they will just return it to me. just shows how unreliable motorola is when it comes to warranties. why do i have to go thru all these for a defective phone after only 6 months of normal use? never again.

I have read your chat session and do not see any information in regards to " if they cannot fix it, they will not replace it, they will just return it to me"  There are 3 options for repair/replacement at this time.  The options are based on the model device that needs to be replaced.  I apologize on behalf of the agent that options not available for your model was offered.  I do see that a RMA has been created.  The only time devices are sent back is if device is found to have damages not mentioned or paid for, rooted devices, or the device is not the correct device set up in RMA.

Options

3 Posts

09-12-2015

United States of America

4 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 13 of 17

2016-03-17, 19:30 PM

thanks for looking into this KariMoto. i have opted for the fastest way to get this resolved thru verizon. i will be getting my replacement tomorrow with no hassles like this.

i am not sure why my location says i'm in brazil. i'm in the US.

Options

642 Posts

06-15-2015

184 Signins

2513 Page Views

• Message 14 of 17

2016-03-17, 19:32 PM

wrote:

thanks for looking into this KariMoto. i have opted for the fastest way to get this resolved thru verizon. i will be getting my replacement tomorrow with no hassles like this.

Maybe it's a sign to go on Vacation?!!  Thanks for the update, is it safe to say that I can cancel your RMA?

Options

3 Posts

09-12-2015

United States of America

4 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 15 of 17

2016-03-17, 19:51 PM

i guess it is, hhmmm? yes you may cancel the RMA. it's much faster to deal with verizon. thanks.

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 16 of 17

2016-03-17, 20:19 PM

Matt and KariMoto, thanks so much for looking into this case!

@Nino2, you're not the first in this forum to raise the issue that Verizon offers faster service with replacements.  You're absolutely correct about that.  And there's a reason they can be faster.  They have an existing, ongoing financial relationship with their customers, complete with credit information, billing address, and more, and the fact that they can add the cost of the replacement phone to our bill, or even cancel our service for non-payment if we neglect to return one of the phones, makes it much easier, and far less risky for them to just ship out a replacement overnight, no fees, no waits, no nothing.  As Matt said, Motorola learned the heard way that shipping out devices without some financial security proved to be a losing proposition for them.  You and I would immediately box up the non-working phone and ship it right back, but not everybody does that.

In any event, it looks like your issue is resolved, and I hope your replacement is perfect!   :-)

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 17 of 17

2016-03-17, 21:00 PM

wrote:

You can change your country and other profiles items -- just click on your name up at the top right and go to My Settings.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms