1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 11 of 18

Re: [BUG] Google Calendar Settings Lost After Reboot

2013-09-11, 13:38 PM

lss said:

Lowbottom said:

My reasoning for using the Google Calendar is simple, syncing notifications.  If the stock app does that, fine, but I suspected it did not right off the bat and didn't even give it a chance.  Also did not want any appointments stuck on the "Phone Calendar" that would not sync to the GooCal so when I upgrade I don't have to worry about it.

View original

You can de-select the local calendar within the settings of the stock calendar. You'll find the option under settings, calendars to display.

View original

Found that later after investigating the stock app a little.  Still get the same functionality with the GooCal with the notifications.  Didn't need both.

Options

108 Posts

06-19-2013

US

60 Signins

582 Page Views

• Views: 582
  • Message 12 of 18

2013-09-11, 14:19 PM

lss said:

I don't know about others but I like the options the Google calendar gives for assigning colors to events.  The stock app does not have the ability to edit or change the colors even though it does show the events with the colors I have assigned.

I also prefer the Google Date/Time picker dialogs.

View original

The syncing notifications is why I downloaded the Google Calendar.  Having three different Android devices, it is nice not having to dismiss notifications on my tablets after I have already addressed them on my phone.

Options

489 Posts

11-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 13 of 18

2013-09-11, 17:00 PM

Currently i have only the rom included cal app. But it also seems it may be blowing up the settings for "agenda widget" 

i thought it was the 3rd part  app and i will file a bug report with the author to see but i'm thinking something with the rom version cal is non standard and blowing up the settings in the wdiget. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roflharrison.agenda.plus&hl=en

PS- I would also install the goolge play version if it works if not for anything else that we will get timely updates of that app from google rather than waiting months and months and months for verizon to allow moto to put it in the rom.

Options

19248 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2366 Signins

58417 Page Views

• Views: 58417
  • Message 14 of 18

2013-09-11, 17:11 PM

If you are going to use the downloaded Google calendar -- and pearljamike, that's a good reason IMHO -- then I would disable the stock calendar. That should eliminate interference. 

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

108 Posts

06-19-2013

US

60 Signins

582 Page Views

• Message 15 of 18

2013-09-11, 18:05 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

If you are going to use the downloaded Google calendar -- and pearljamike, that's a good reason IMHO -- then I would disable the stock calendar. That should eliminate interference. 

View original

My findings are that this is the best solution, but does not completely solve the issue.  On the Maxx HD, disbaling Stock allowed Google Calendar to work as it should.  On the Droid Maxx, Google Calendar loses some settings after a reboot, but will keep some with Stock disabled.

Options

391 Posts

06-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 16 of 18

2013-09-11, 18:25 PM

For me, after installing Google Calendar and disabling the stock calendar, my appointments reminders would pop up but the alert would not work, neither sound file nor vibrate.

Options

19248 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2366 Signins

58417 Page Views

• Views: 58417
  • Message 17 of 18

2013-09-12, 14:47 PM

pearlmikejam said:

View original

My findings are that this is the best solution, but does not completely solve the issue.  On the Maxx HD, disbaling Stock allowed Google Calendar to work as it should.  On the Droid Maxx, Google Calendar loses some settings after a reboot, but will keep some with Stock disabled.

View original

Can you provide the specifics of what you lose? Thanks!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

108 Posts

06-19-2013

US

60 Signins

582 Page Views

• Message 18 of 18

2013-09-12, 15:59 PM

pearlmikejam said:

View original

View original

Can you provide the specifics of what you lose? Thanks!

View original

If the Stock app is disabled, the Notification setting will stay after a reboot, but the sound will not always work and the vibrate, pop up and default reminder settings will be lost.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete