11-23-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: Camera control wheel

2013-09-11, 17:16 PM

I know you asked gijoel2 the question but I just want to state that i'm stock and while if I set the flash to on it will take pictures iwth the flash on until I exit the app...once I exit the app it goes back to Auto.   UNLESS I turn it to OFF then it will persist and stay off indefinitely.

Options

25 Posts

09-08-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 17

2013-09-11, 17:18 PM

In settings there is an option called "backup & reset".  As per instruction by Verizon, I hit the "factory data reset" option to see if the problems I was having went away.  So far, the factory data reset has not solved the google play sticking issue or the camera flash resetting to auto issue.  I will be checking to see if the reset solved my wifi issues this evening.  But I'm not hopefull at this point, seeing how everything else the reset was supposed to resolve continues to be a problem.

Options

19232 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2362 Signins

58302 Page Views

• Views: 58302
  • Message 13 of 17

2013-09-11, 17:22 PM

Okay -- I'm an idiot. You guys are right. I was misreading the Flash setting.

How it appears to behave:

• Set it to Auto, exit, and/or powercycle and re-enter camera - stays on Auto.

• Set it to Off, exit and/or powercycle and re-enter camera - stays on Off.

• Set it to On, exit and/or powercycle and re-enter camera - reverts to Auto.

Reporting.

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1352 Posts

11-23-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 17

2013-09-11, 17:25 PM

laugh we still love you Matt!

Options

12 Posts

06-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 17

2013-09-12, 1:20 AM

The camera quality seems poor at best.  It seems like the phone does not adjust white balance and since you can't control white balance through a setting I am wondering if Motorola will release a camera update that will fix the granny texture of the photos thats visible without zooming in.  The photos are soft and lighting isnt consistent.  I am thinking about returning my Droid Maxx because I get the feeling that this will not be fixed or that this phone will likely see any software updates.  At least give us more controls in the cameras if you don't make the automatic settings work perfectly.

Options

489 Posts

11-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 17

2013-09-12, 1:51 AM

i can't speak to anything really- just a user- but if i understand correctly the X camera is the same as ours. So if it's just a matter of the APP needing an update (and not underlying firmware or something)- they we ought to be able to take the x's apk for the camera anytime it gets an update- no?

Options

12 Posts

06-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 17

2013-09-12, 1:56 AM

michaelk said:

i can't speak to anything really- just a user- but if i understand correctly the X camera is the same as ours. So if it's just a matter of the APP needing an update (and not underlying firmware or something)- they we ought to be able to take the x's apk for the camera anytime it gets an update- no?

View original

In Theory yes.  But its no secret that at least pre-motorola purchase Google had a disdain for skinned android.  Motorola sad to say takes a long time to update their devices or pay attention to minor imperfections that may potentially be fixable via software/firmware update.  I am saying this as a previous owner of a wealth of Motorola devices, Original Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, and now the Droid Maxx.  Why do I keep coming back for punishment? No one builds a better radio than Motorola.  I went Samsung after the Droid Razr and their radios are ok but if you are in an area thats notorious for having poor signal quality no one matched Motorola. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete