Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,015
Message 21 of 33

Re: Can't send pictures via MMS

Rider65 said:

joelbon, thanks for the reply, but I've solved the problem.  If you check the first page of comments, there's a description off all the things I tried, including the safe mode check, restore, and full factory reset, before I discovered the app mentioned above.  I really needed to get my CPU strain down to a minimum and switch back to Hangouts to fix it.  I've had no further problems whether I send photos from my phone's memory or taken directly into Hangouts.  I highly recommend the app.

View original

Glad you figured it out. that's what happens when I don't read. It is hard to keep up with all the details of every thread. Is it possible you could pick the answer that you feel best solves the problem. Others will have an easier time finding your answer that way. I appreciate it.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Rider67
Blue Screen Again
Message 22 of 33

Joelbon,I appreciate the problem. I can't tag one of the responses here because I didn't find the solution here. I solved the problem through direct contact with Verizon and Motorola tech support, the latter being more helpful than the former. Then I added my own solution with the app to free up the CPU and memory to do the task. I gave instructions in my previous post in hope of helping another user cut to the chase.
hoojtoons
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 33

So, I started in safe mode again and it seems that it is now allowing my messages to send pictures.

NOW, it seems that my native, or timely alarms will not ring. Not just my selected ring tone, but when I go to change the ring tone I can not hear any ring tone.
Hpdorf
Paper Tape
Message 24 of 33

I wonder if you went to settings>sound>volumes to be certain that all volumes are set to a level you can hear. Be sure to touch, "OK" at the bottom of the volumes page.
Rider67
Blue Screen Again
Message 25 of 33

hoojtoons, let me also suggest a little something.  I had an issue with sound on one of my phones some years ago.  I plugged in earbuds, then unplugged them and the sound came back.  I have no idea why.  I'm going to guess that on some earlier adventure I'd unplugged and the unit didn't register the unplugging.  That's just my non-techie thought.  Definitely check the volumes in settings.  And make sure you haven't accidentally activated "do not disturb" mode.

hoojtoons
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 33

My volumes are the same. I'll try to insert my headphones, I haven't had them in for a week.
jaybee11
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 33

I am having the exact same problem.  It just started doing it out of the blue.  Then it said "too many pics waiting to be sent".  That's crazy.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 28 of 33

jaybee said:

I am having the exact same problem.  It just started doing it out of the blue.  Then it said "too many pics waiting to be sent".  That's crazy.

View original

Which app are you using for MMS?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
hoojtoons
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 33

Mine happened on the VZW messages. Then I switched to the default, and hangouts and it did it in all of them. None would send or receive pictures. It happened on two of the 2nd generation X's. The only way it stopped was getting a replacement phone both times. Two different phones, both were replaced because of cracked screens. So far my third phone hasn't done it.
Rider67
Blue Screen Again
Message 30 of 33

In my earlier comment I said I added a cleaner app that deletes cached memory, shuts down (really shuts them down) background apps, and so on.  It's still working.  I use Hangouts for SMS and haven't had a problem since I reported this solution in March.  There just isn't enough buffer memory.  I'm not sure why Hangouts works better than the native SMS app, but it does for me, and All-in-One-Toolbox keeps everything running clean.