Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_jones06
What's DOS?
Views: 8,023
Message 1 of 33

Can't send pictures via MMS

Was wondering if anyone else was having trouble sending pictures through MMS? I have sent them via Hangouts and the stock messaging app but the message almost always fails to send... regardless of signal strength or on/off wifi.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 33

Re: Can't send pictures via MMS

Mobile data is on as well and it still doesn't work?

Have you tried sending pictures via MMS when the device is in Safe Mode?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
r_jones06
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 33

Have not tried safe mode but mobile data is on and doesn't work. Every now and then it will say the picture sent but the person never gets the picture
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 33

I would suggest trying this in Safe mode. That would be the next logical troubleshooting step. Please report back with your findings. We can continue troubleshooting from there. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

doogald
802.11n
Message 5 of 33

It won't hurt to call Verizon support and report the problem. Maybe there is a setting that they need to change on your account?

Another idea (besides safe mode and calling Verizon) is to install the app Verizon Messages (which isn't the worst messaging app in the world) and see if that works...

r_jones06
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 33

Tried safe mode but it still doesnt send. I also tried calling Verizon but sat on the phone for 20 minutes and still didn't get a representative on the phone... Really don't want to do a factory reset but its looking like thats what I'm going to have to do.

r_jones06
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 33

The first picture says it sent but never did, the second is what happens on every other picture I try to send
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 33

You are using Hangouts, correct? Before trying a Factory data reset, you could try a Clear data in Settings>Apps>All>Hangouts. Be aware that this will erase all of your texts and Hangout chats. Backup anything that you don't want to lose first.

If that doesn't work, can you try using the Messaging app and see if you can send a pic with that app? Would be nice if we can narrow the problem down. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

r_jones06
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 33

I've actually cleared the cache and data and I've also tried to send messages with the stock app and it also fails. I've tried changing the APN from LTE but that hadn't seemed to help either. I can't seem to narrow down why I'll spontaneously be able to send one randomly and the rest of the time it won't send at all. I don't have any issue receiving them either...
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 33

What if you try to Uninstall updates for Hangouts and try sending one before you then update it again? Maybe there is a problem with your update to the app. If it doesn't work than at least you will know it isn't Hangouts that is causing the problem. Hope this helps.