cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyDee
Paper Tape
Views: 414
Message 1 of 2

Does Droid Maxx support BLE (Android 4.4.4)

I've just purchased a fitness tracker that requires Android 4.4.3+ and BLE. Using the Bluetooth utility under settings, my phone can see the device but won't pair because it says I need a password. Well, that's ok because I'm supposed to pair from within the Misfit app. However, I am unable to pair with the device from within the Misfit app. My phone has 4.4.4 but I can't find out if it supports BLE and plays nicely. I called Motorola/Lenovo support but they didn't know. Told me to post here and hope a developer sees it and answers. So, here it is.

I took my BLE device to a Verizon store where we were able to easily pair with a newer phone. I hate to buy a new phone just for this reason.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 378
Message 2 of 2

Re: Does Droid Maxx support BLE (Android 4.4.4)

@RickyDeewrote:

I've just purchased a fitness tracker that requires Android 4.4.3+ and BLE. Using the Bluetooth utility under settings, my phone can see the device but won't pair because it says I need a password. Well, that's ok because I'm supposed to pair from within the Misfit app. However, I am unable to pair with the device from within the Misfit app. My phone has 4.4.4 but I can't find out if it supports BLE and plays nicely. I called Motorola/Lenovo support but they didn't know. Told me to post here and hope a developer sees it and answers. So, here it is.

I took my BLE device to a Verizon store where we were able to easily pair with a newer phone. I hate to buy a new phone just for this reason.

To confirm, yes the device does support BLE. Try performing clear data/cache force stop on Misfit app and reboot and reinstall and try again. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj