Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirtdawg57
What's DOS?
Views: 319
Message 91 of 265

Re: Droid MAXX - No MicroSD card slot

It looks like it could be cool and have a lot of great uses! Not really liking the price though, I wish it was cheaper. I don't want to be a downer but I don't think I would like it much as a replacement for a sd slot. You would have to worry about the battery going dead, you would have something else to carry in your pocket and something else to lose. And if it does direct link with wifi then you wouldn't be able access the internet while  connected to it if you were thinking of streaming like music from it. If it works for some people I am happy for them though.

As for the samsung boosting the benchmarks.. Darn it google! See forcing me to now move to and put up with! I don't like samsung but I will probably end of getting the Note 3 when it comes out. But if moto ever changes its mind and offers the sd slot again I will be back in a hurry. Actaully to be fair to moto I really think it is google that is being the sd scrooge, up until google moto was always nice and gave sd slots.

Skeeterrock
802.11n
Message 92 of 265

This is just answering the question of how fast the Reads/Writes can go to the WIFI Storage over the current Cell Phone WIFI maxx speeds. The WIFI Storage will be the bottleneck which will not allow over 78 MBs unless you ULTRA MAXX has new speeds.

See Link for new SD Cards USB 3.0 required Read/Write Speeds. 

Corrected Link sent you to the wrong one my bad.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/

This is the SD Card that is in my Razr Maxx HD so the numbers are right in line with the 30 Mbs Read/Write

Skeeterrock
802.11n
Message 93 of 265

Turn to page 3 and this will explain the cap on WIFI.

www.arrownac.com/...to.../atd-wifi.pdf
JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 94 of 265

dirtdawg57 said:

It looks like it could be cool and have a lot of great uses! Not really liking the price though, I wish it was cheaper.

I don't want to be a downer but I don't think I would like it much as a replacement for a SD slot.

You would have to worry about the battery going dead, you would have something else to carry in your pocket and something else to lose. And if it does direct link with wifi then you wouldn't be able access the Internet while  connected to it if you were thinking of streaming like music from it. If it works for some people I am happy for them though.

As for the samsung boosting the benchmarks.. Darn it google! See forcing me to now move to and put up with! I don't like samsung but I will probably end of getting the Note 3 when it comes out.

But if moto ever changes its mind and offers the SD slot again I will be back in a hurry.

Actually to be fair to moto I really think it is google that is being the SD scrooge, up until google moto was always nice and gave SD slots.

View original

The fact that this discussion at seven pages after only a week, clearly shows the SD card removal was not a trivial decision by Google...

Workarounds and additional hardware may fit google's plans, but they ignore end users needs and expectations.

Google has become come the king of the unilateral decision.

Time to bring end users back into the discussion ...

Teknologist
What's DOS?
Message 95 of 265

JBass said:

The fact that this discussion at seven pages after only a week, clearly shows the SD card removal was not a trivial decision by Google...

Workarounds and additional hardware may fit google's plans, but they ignore end users needs and expectations.

View original

Agreed. Upon further reflection I understand their reasons for removing the MicroSD slot. They are trying to push the cloud model and as long as this is the policy I will most likely use other devices that do provide support for MicroSD. For now I will continue to use my RAZR MAXX HD.

I really like this new device and I am seriously tempted but I know I will ultimately be constantly annoyed by the lack of storage. Just as I was before the current storage capacities were available. As soon as a 128Gb MicroSD is available I wll buy that!

Maybe someday I will be able to bring all of my music and video along for whatever. For now, it is still a compromise at 96 Gb's of storage (64 + 32 internal)  I need at least a TB to feel like I truly have everything I need with me. Laugh if you want....

This has been a ride. I can't remember the last time I was this pissed... Oh yeah, now I remember, when I first got my RAZR MAXX HD and realized they removed some of the best features from the original RAZR! That is why I came here first before pre-ordering this time. I still can't believe it...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 96 of 265

JBass said:

dirtdawg57 said:

It looks like it could be cool and have a lot of great uses! Not really liking the price though, I wish it was cheaper.

I don't want to be a downer but I don't think I would like it much as a replacement for a SD slot.

You would have to worry about the battery going dead, you would have something else to carry in your pocket and something else to lose. And if it does direct link with wifi then you wouldn't be able access the Internet while  connected to it if you were thinking of streaming like music from it. If it works for some people I am happy for them though.

As for the samsung boosting the benchmarks.. Darn it google! See forcing me to now move to and put up with! I don't like samsung but I will probably end of getting the Note 3 when it comes out.

But if moto ever changes its mind and offers the SD slot again I will be back in a hurry.

Actually to be fair to moto I really think it is google that is being the SD scrooge, up until google moto was always nice and gave SD slots.

View original

View original

Other manufacturers, unfortunately, are doing the same thing. It seems to be an epidemic. For those that have unlimited data it isn't as bad, still bad but not as bad. I personally would like to keep my SD card. It is easier to transition and move/store data.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Teknologist
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 265

Google, Apple and Microsoft all have their own cloud platforms to push. HTC partnered with Dropbox to offer cloud storage, so they dropped SD card support to push that.

Apple offers large internal support to offset the lack of external storage capability. I have heard rumors that 128Gb's is coming soon.

Samsung has SD support on all of it's current Android devices.

Is there another brand I should consider? Samsung is the current leader by the numbers. They are my next choice unless Motorola comes to their senses.

Teknologist
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 265

Oh wait I forgot, Blackberry! Even they still offer MicroSD!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 99 of 265

Only if you don't want to use Android anymore.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 100 of 265

Teknologist said:

JBass said:

View original

Agreed.

Upon further reflection I understand their reasons for removing the Micro SD slot.

They are trying to push the cloud model and as long as this is the policy I will most likely use other devices that do provide support for Micro SD.

For now I will continue to use my RAZR MAXX HD.

I really like this new device and I am seriously tempted but I know I will ultimately be constantly annoyed by the lack of storage.

Just as I was before the current storage capacities were available.

As soon as a 128Gb Micro SD is available I will buy that!

Maybe someday I will be able to bring all of my music and video along for whatever. For now, it is still a compromise at 96 GB's of storage (64 + 32 internal)  I need at least a TB to feel like I truly have everything I need with me. Laugh if you want....

This has been a ride.

I can't remember the last time I was this pissed...

Oh yeah, now I remember, when I first got my RAZR MAXX HD and realized they removed some of the best features from the original RAZR! That is why I came here first before pre-ordering this time. I still can't believe it...

View original

yes

Got to agree with your agreeing with me ... cheeky

But,

Don't be peeved, I'll bet your HD is still working great ...wink

I haven't bought every moto phone they've offered on VZW.

We all have the option to vote with our dollars.

If this isn't the phone for you, wait until they offer the phone you want to buy.

Unlimited data will keep a few of us on the sidelines as well...