Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skeeterrock
802.11n
Views: 419
Message 11 of 265

Re: Droid MAXX - No MicroSD card slot

Yea zipping and moving files will become irrigating after a while. I do think that Moto should provide solution's to folks who require more memory. Moto is pricing themselves out of the market for end users who need 64GB or 120GB for cell phone needs. I know that some installer's like (cable, phone, etc.) like to kill time by watching and streaming videos (Movies, tube etc.) Best regards in your decision and maybe if you hold off Moto could have a bigger device for memory on the way. Who knows or some other company might meet your needs.
Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 265

Probably will try the Droid Razr Maxx HD. Would love the new features, but want to wait and see if they bring our a phone with a MicroSD card slot.

Teknologist
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 265

This phone would have been perfect. I was just about to pre-order it and realized there is no MicroSD slot. This is a deal breaker for me. I currently have 96 Gb's of storage on my RAZR MAXX HD and anything less is a step backwards. I have about 20Gb's free between internal and my 64Gb MicroSD card. I am not about to store all of my stuff on anyones cloud. I do use Dropbox, Google Drive and Skydrive but only for a few minor things. With the premiums on bandwidth and on cloud storage it seems silly that they would leave out such an important feature. Other phone manufacturers have tried not including MicroSD slots and then put them back in on the next generation of their phones.

I am also a little disappointed that they stuck with the same screen resolution as the DROID HD series and only went 10MP for the camera.

I would have lived without the higher pixel density but I don't think I can live without the MicroSD slot...

Teknologist
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 265

Here is what my current storage situation looks like:

How would I decide what to keep of the 50 GB's currently on my card and still have space to record a video or take a few hundred pictures in a day?

Soooo limiting!!! WHY?!? At least release a 64 Gb version I could live with that. It would be a sacrfice but workable.

128 GB would be the MAXX way to do it!

I'm really upset by this! I thought this was my next phone.

Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 265

Same here. I'm past disappointed. I'm pissed. Worse yet, you & I seem to be ignored by Motorola/Google.
Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 265

Totally unacceptable. I'm going to dig out the names and email addresses of some Google execs and send them a piece of my mind. THey may have factored in losing custoemrs, and they may lose me if the Razr Maxx HD isn't available in three weeks, when I can upgrade, and in December when my wife can, but I'm not going to leave without going nuclear on these people. I hope the launch of these phones is an utter failure, but, more than likely, they will do just fine. 

Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 265

And how about some comments from some Motorola employees? Any insight into this issue? Hello? Anyone?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 18 of 265

Len_A said:

And how about some comments from some Motorola employees? Any insight into this issue? Hello? Anyone?

View original

Len

The Motorola Forums are peer-to-peer as stated on the home page:

WELCOME TO THE MOTOROLA OWNERS' FORUMS!

This is a peer-to-peer support forum where members help each other, with an assist from volunteer MOTOXPRTs and occassional input from Motorola employees. 

There are a few Motorola staffers who oversee the forums, but mostly it is populated by users like yourself.  Therefore, it is not very likely that you will get a direct reply "from Motorola" in these forums--your best bet is to contact a Motorola employee directly, and a good place to start is here.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 265

They're reading these posts. Let 'em respond.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 265

Len_A said:

They're reading these posts. Let 'em respond.

View original

There is a huge ratio of users to Motorola staff in these forums--the Moto staffers would have to be super-human to be able to read every comment....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."