Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirtdawg57
What's DOS?
Views: 319
Message 41 of 265

Re: Droid MAXX - No MicroSD card slot

Oh and the glaring fact that the didn't have to take away the sd slot to add the cloud option. They could have left both. It wouldn't have bothered me if it was shipped without a sd card, at let the option would be there. This shows that there are some questionable motives behind this instead of just doing what's best "for the customer".
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 42 of 265

dirtdawg57 said:

I do appreciate your response to us Matt. I realize that you are in a difficult position of trying to keep us happy. It is frustration out of the fact that I want to stay with moto really to bad because I loved the Bionic. But can't help but feel kicked to the curb. Here is the thing, if Google keeps forcing the brands to dumb down all their phone models to the iPhone level they are probably going to lose because apple has been doing the simple phone longer. Let's face it, we android uses miss out on a lot of 3rd party compatibility, accessories, and some great apps by not having an apple product. A big reason we stay is for features like removable sd cards, bigger screens, less lock down. If they take away our reasons to stay, we might not. At least give us a model of phone that fits our needs and we we will be singing motos praises on this board like I would like to be.View original

Actually, you just hit the nail on the head.  Whether or not Samsung, HTC, or the Fruity Fone Company has a product that meets your needs, it sounds like at least one or two of those choices comes a lot closer to what you need even if it's not what you want.  The only way you can let Google and Motorola know how you really feel is to buy a competitor's product.  Only if their sales take a dive will they know that the decisions they made for these phones weren't the best ones for keeping existing customers and attracting new ones.

Nobody makes radios like Motorola, and no one has the build quality that Motorola has.  Their phones just feel solid, and that's the emotional part of the purchase, the part that makes some feel as if Motorola simply doesn't want them anymore, because when you get down to it, those two things aren't enough to outweight the losses in functionality that these phones represent.

I'm not trying to push you away.  In this forum, Matt certianly hears our voices.  But Matt doesn't make the decisions about what gets into the next model and what gets cut.  Your dollars do that when you decide not to purchase a Motorola product.  If you believe that Google and Motorola made their design decisions based solely on dollars, then you have to fight fire with fire, or rather dollars with dollars. In the highly competitive world of technology, no other language is as clearly understood.

Teknologist
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 265

I know it is a moot point, but who did Motorola (Google) ask regarding removing MicroSD cards? My guess is they didn't, they made a business decision to help push the Google cloud services. I say Fail.

Skeeterrock
802.11n
Message 44 of 265

I think all HERO phones need to have MicroSD Card Space. I agree someone up on the Project Management team and Business Team might of had other motives for removing the MicroSD Card slot. (Only Moto Knows) I wouldn't mind Moto using the Monkey Survey during Soak Test to ask questions like this to help make better business cases to keep MicroSD Card Space on cell phones and what the impact will be if it is removed. 

Maybe instead of calling this a HERO Phone we probably should dub it a Side Kicks Hero Phone. 

Robin says:   "Okay Google Now" Call the Batman I need help!

Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 265

Teknologist said:

I know it is a moot point, but who did Motorola (Google) ask regarding removing MicroSD cards? My guess is they didn't, they made a business decision to help push the Google cloud services. I say Fail.

View original

They didn't ask any of us, that's for sure. I, too, say Fail.

Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 265

crystallet said:

dirtdawg57 said:

I do appreciate your response to us Matt. I realize that you are in a difficult position of trying to keep us happy. It is frustration out of the fact that I want to stay with moto really to bad because I loved the Bionic. But can't help but feel kicked to the curb. Here is the thing, if Google keeps forcing the brands to dumb down all their phone models to the iPhone level they are probably going to lose because apple has been doing the simple phone longer. Let's face it, we android uses miss out on a lot of 3rd party compatibility, accessories, and some great apps by not having an apple product. A big reason we stay is for features like removable sd cards, bigger screens, less lock down. If they take away our reasons to stay, we might not. At least give us a model of phone that fits our needs and we we will be singing motos praises on this board like I would like to be.View original

Actually, you just hit the nail on the head.  Whether or not Samsung, HTC, or the Fruity Fone Company has a product that meets your needs, it sounds like at least one or two of those choices comes a lot closer to what you need even if it's not what you want.  The only way you can let Google and Motorola know how you really feel is to buy a competitor's product.  Only if their sales take a dive will they know that the decisions they made for these phones weren't the best ones for keeping existing customers and attracting new ones.

Nobody makes radios like Motorola, and no one has the build quality that Motorola has.  Their phones just feel solid, and that's the emotional part of the purchase, the part that makes some feel as if Motorola simply doesn't want them anymore, because when you get down to it, those two things aren't enough to outweight the losses in functionality that these phones represent.

I'm not trying to push you away.  In this forum, Matt certianly hears our voices.  But Matt doesn't make the decisions about what gets into the next model and what gets cut.  Your dollars do that when you decide not to purchase a Motorola product.  If you believe that Google and Motorola made their design decisions based solely on dollars, then you have to fight fire with fire, or rather dollars with dollars. In the highly competitive world of technology, no other language is as clearly understood.

View original

No, Matt doesn't make the decisions about product planning, but he can tell the-powers-that-be that what some of us want to see is a big FAIL in the marketplace for these new phones. I want the new features, I want Motorola's build-quality, I want a 64GB capable microSD card slot, and I want it NOW. Not next freaking year. If I'm lucky, I might be able to get a Razr Maxx HD the week of August 12, if, and only IF Best Buy still has them. Otherwise, I have to look at a different brand, and if I do that, Motorola can kiss me good-bye as a customer forever, up to and including my voicing my opinion against Moto on line as often as I can find a forum for my opinion to be posted. Forget "the decisions aren't personal", I take it that way when I stick with a brand and they abandon me as a customer. I am one person who is pissed off enough to hope these phones fail big time in the market. I feel abandon as a customer. I'm frustrated to the point of being furious with Motorola.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 47 of 265

Len_A said:

crystallet said:

dirtdawg57 said:

View original

No, Matt doesn't make the decisions about product planning, but he can tell the-powers-that-be that what some of us want to see is a big FAIL in the marketplace for these new phones. I want the new features, I want Motorola's build-quality, I want a 64GB capable microSD card slot, and I want it NOW. Not next freaking year. If I'm lucky, I might be able to get a Razr Maxx HD the week of August 12, if, and only IF Best Buy still has them. Otherwise, I have to look at a different brand, and if I do that, Motorola can kiss me good-bye as a customer forever, up to and including my voicing my opinion against Moto on line as often as I can find a forum for my opinion to be posted. Forget "the decisions aren't personal", I take it that way when I stick with a brand and they abandon me as a customer. I am one person who is pissed off enough to hope these phones fail big time in the market. I feel abandon as a customer. I'm frustrated to the point of being furious with Motorola.

View original

We hear you, at least in this forum. And if you take your dollars elsewhere, and there are enough other customers who do the same, Google will have to rethink their design decisions. 

I can hear Sonny Corleone talking to Michael: This is business. It's not personal, it's business.

Skeeterrock
802.11n
Message 48 of 265

Don't know what to make of this but it just posted across seas on someone's Google + account for Ultra Maxx
Skeeterrock
802.11n
Message 49 of 265

Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 265

Interesting. Can't tell if it's the SIM card or an SD card.