Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 459
Message 51 of 265

Re: Droid MAXX - No MicroSD card slot

Well, here's just an observation and it doesn't make me happy, but it is in line with what we've been discussing in here.

A SIM card has a cut corner, but I've look at images of Micro SD cards and the ones I have, and none of them have cut corners, only the SD card adapters have cut corners.  I don't think you would use an adapter to insert a Micro SD card into a phone since it would make it bigger.

So, I think we're looking at the SIM card tray.

Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 265

crystallet said:

Well, here's just an observation and it doesn't make me happy, but it is in line with what we've been discussing in here.

A SIM card has a cut corner, but I've look at images of Micro SD cards and the ones I have, and none of them have cut corners, only the SD card adapters have cut corners.  I don't think you would use an adapter to insert a Micro SD card into a phone since it would make it bigger.

So, I think we're looking at the SIM card tray.

View original

I think you're right - I think it's the SIM card tray.

Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 265

Definately the SIM tray.

dirtdawg57
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 265

Yeah I had read earlier on that the sim card was hidden behind the volume buttons.
Skeeterrock
802.11n
Message 55 of 265

Makes sense, so the Sim tray is below the volume button with no SD slot friend. Guess we will have to see if Moto makes a 64Gb phone. My thoughts are that Google will say no more SD Slots we want devices with no plugs or ports on the outside of the devices.
Teknologist
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 265

Motorola and Google might be leaning that way but it looks like the rest of the industry is still supporting MicroSD.
I don't believe that MicroSD is going away. Just because the fruity fone doesn't support removable storage doesn't make it the right choice. Samsung is the leader these days and they are supporting it.
I would consider getting this device if it had at least 64GBs of storage.
JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 57 of 265

While well intentioned posts suggesting alternatives to a removable and therefore upgrade-able SD cards are helpful and positive, they are at best workarounds for what was a perfectly functioning storage system.

I am not putting anything in the cloud, in the hopes that a strong and fast connection will be present when I need my files.

I already have way more than 32 gigs in music alone on my 64 gig SD card.

Like so many other unilateral decisions made by Google, this is ill advised and short sighted.

A 32 gig internal storage option may not be a deal breaker for most, it is certainly not a incentive for many of us to upgrade.

As files become bigger this is clearly a form of planned obsolescence and little more ...

mag23x
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 265

NO motorola for me this generation. Even if they come out with a 64 gb its garbage cause they will charge you another 100 to get it. i can 32sd for 20. Y are they trying to be like apple? I understand for the price you pay for these phones better come with sd even if i dont need it. side by side to the S4 this phone sux i love u moto but ill keep my maxx hd if i gotta switch i guess ill have to go samsung

dirtdawg57
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 265

I agree. I have never liked samsung phones. I hate their feel. But this new moto line would feel like a huge downgrade from my Bionic. It is sad to say but I am going to go with the company that gives me the most options and features, not the one that strips them away and gives me cheap work arounds, or expensive work arounds in the case of more internal storage. Sd card out weights the look and feel.
Len_A
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 265

JBass said:

While well intentioned posts suggesting alternatives to a removable and therefore upgrade-able SD cards are helpful and positive, they are at best workarounds for what was a perfectly functioning storage system.

I am not putting anything in the cloud, in the hopes that a strong and fast connection will be present when I need my files.

I already have way more than 32 gigs in music alone on my 64 gig SD card.

Like so many other unilateral decisions made by Google, this is ill advised and short sighted.

A 32 gig internal storage option may not be a deal breaker for most, it is certainly not a incentive for many of us to upgrade.

As files become bigger this is clearly a form of planned obsolescence and little more ...

View original

mag23x said:

NO motorola for me this generation. Even if they come out with a 64 gb its garbage cause they will charge you another 100 to get it. i can 32sd for 20. Y are they trying to be like apple? I understand for the price you pay for these phones better come with sd even if i dont need it. side by side to the S4 this phone sux i love u moto but ill keep my maxx hd if i gotta switch i guess ill have to go samsung

View original

dirtdawg57 said:

I agree. I have never liked samsung phones. I hate their feel. But this new moto line would feel like a huge downgrade from my Bionic. It is sad to say but I am going to go with the company that gives me the most options and features, not the one that strips them away and gives me cheap work arounds, or expensive work arounds in the case of more internal storage. Sd card out weights the look and feel.View original

I agree 100% with all three of you. I'm going to upgrade my almost two year old Razr to a Razr Maxx HD if they're still in stock (they should be), and a Samsung if they're not, and a Samsung two years from now. Google/Motorola has made a big mistake going down this "no SD card" road. Most of us, if we wanted that route, would have gone with an iPhone if that's what we wanted. Samsung has the lion's share of the Android phone market, and, if I'm not mistaken, is the second largest smart phone manufacturer, second only to Apple. All Google/Motorola is doing, is ensuring that Samsung's market share will rise.