Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID ULTRA & ULTRA MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

75 Posts

10-21-2011

United States of America

74 Signins

1313 Page Views

• Views: 1313
  • Message 271 of 316

Re: Droid MAXX failed to update kit kat

2013-12-31, 16:43 PM

fuzzy said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Moving into a new phone, plus losing everything tends to put a damper on your day.View original

This was a test that you had to signed up for. It is not just a chance to get an advanced update. If you don't want the risk or inconvenience that you may have a few problems do not sign up to "TEST". If you have  data on the phone you need and no backup available Do Not Sign Up to "TEST".  I had a phone that was bricked and Matt got me the files I needed to get it back working. He offered a replacement phone or the opportunity to work with him to fix it myself. We all had to sign a confidentiality agreement to be part of the "TEST" 

Options

2013-12-31, 16:51 PM

Ok found a fix and to all found out there was soak test but this not d case it was a office update to fix this **IT WAS REMOVED**u can go get a adapter from micro usb to full size USB witch the phone supports flash drives u can load the update to d flash drive and boot into recovery and click update from SD or flash device think it say but u might have to mount it first and update it you also will have to wipe the divice maybe but nwipeing is not cofermed if you have to or not

Eagle328 (Mod) Do not continue to post any links or direct anyone to alter their software in any way. you are once again in violation of the House rules.

Don’t break our rules and don’t break the law: Piracy, copyright violation and posting of illegal content is forbidden. That’s the law. Additionally, we don’t allow the posting or recommendation of the use of "hidden menus" and commands not generally accessible through a phone's main menus; unauthorized redistribution of Motorola software; links to and excessive discussion or promotion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices; and any discussion, links or instruction for updating Motorola device software other than those sanctioned by Motorola or in the areas designated for that activity. We judge what is excessive. Any discussions of non-Motorola software for unlocked devices must remain in the areas created for those discussions, and all other site rules apply in those areas. Posts that encourage or suggest that owners get in-warranty support when warranty has been voided will be removed. Follow all moderator directions. Challenging the decisions of moderators should not be done lightly. Please use the report abuse button on any post if you feel you have been unfairly moderated -- do not call out the moderators on a post.

Options

10 Posts

11-01-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 273 of 316

2014-01-05, 19:11 PM
Damn am I the only that has a fully functional 4.4 KitKat update for the droid maxx have no problems or issue what so every
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 274 of 316

2014-01-05, 19:15 PM

eddie25 said:

Damn am I the only that has a fully functional 4.4 KitKat update for the droid maxx have no problems or issue what so everyView original

No you aren't the only one with a 4.4 DMAXX that works just fine.

However, more people come to the forums to find answers and resolve issues than to announce that everything is fine :)  Reading in here is likely to give one a skewed perspective....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

570 Posts

12-07-2011

United States of America

732 Signins

6501 Page Views

• Views: 6501
  • Message 275 of 316

2014-01-06, 1:45 AM
My Maxx on 4.4 is working fine after an FDR. I'm looking forward to 4.4.2 but only because I like the way the device run's using art. And 4.4.2 fixes some app compatibility issues for art. But the device is running great. Sure there are a few things that I would have liked to have been different notification icon's and what not but we can't always get what we want. But one thing I will say the elders in this forum are right there are some serious House rules being violated and it needs to stop. Calm down people you'll either get the same update that other's got or they found out what happened and are working on a new update it will be one of the two. Breathe you guy's Breathe.
Brian Hardy
Options

170 Posts

11-22-2013

United States

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 276 of 316

2014-01-08, 19:40 PM

Out of curiosity have most maxx, mini and ultras been updated yet? Or is mum still the word? Curious since I'm sure that after those devices are updated they will likely begin working on putting out the razr m update hopefully. I know I should be patient but it's always fun to see new things.

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 277 of 316

2014-01-09, 1:09 AM

jaycush said:

Out of curiosity have most maxx, mini and ultras been updated yet? Or is mum still the word? Curious since I'm sure that after those devices are updated they will likely begin working on putting out the razr m update hopefully. I know I should be patient but it's always fun to see new things.

View original

Mine hasn't been updated yet.  There has not been any word one way or the other over if the OTA was pulled or not. Anyone saying one way or another is just guessing. I wish I knew exactly what was going on. We should find out soon, I hope, as everyone starts to get it. Hopefully.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

256 Posts

04-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 278 of 316

2014-01-09, 1:19 AM
Still nothing here. No word from any of the official sources like g+ and twitter. Shouldn't be too much longer. Better they caught whatever went wrong be for full deployment. I like my phone functional.
Options

14 Posts

06-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 279 of 316

2014-01-09, 1:22 AM

Punit Soni said it was just a few days away on G+.
Options

1 Posts

01-05-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 280 of 316

2014-01-11, 13:11 PM

[removed]

• Edited for violation of MFN terms of membership.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms