Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crjdriver
Punch Card
Views: 769
Message 1 of 25

Droid Maxx - Emergency Only

Not sure if this is an issue or not.  I rebooted my phone this morning as per Moto suggestions.  When it came on, i had the Emergency Call Only icon.  I messed with it a bit and then rebooted.  It went away.

This was odd and I would like to think that it was a "one off" issue.  Has anyone else seen it? Did I cause it somehow?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 25

Re: Droid Maxx - Emergency Only

What was happening that prompted Moto to suggest a reboot?

This has happened to me. Sometimes it's because the phone is loading drivers and hasn't detected the SIM card yet. It's nothing to worry about unless it happens again.

GTurnage
Token Ring
Message 3 of 25

The emergency call icon (red triangle?) appears below my sign-on screen.  After I enter my PIN and open the phone it goes away...  That's the only time I've seen it.

Robert Turnage
Crjdriver
Punch Card
Message 4 of 25

mk1151 said:

This has happened to me. Sometimes it's because the phone is loading drivers and hasn't detected the SIM card yet. It's nothing to worry about unless it happens again.

View original

Moto suggest rebooting phone each day....that is what I meant.  Once I rebooted a second time, all was good.  I got scared initially, but since a sutdown/reboot fixed it....just thought I would ask.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 25

Crjdriver said:

Moto suggest rebooting phone each day....that is what I meant.  Once I rebooted a second time, all was good.  I got scared initially, but since a sutdown/reboot fixed it....just thought I would ask.

View original

I see. Nope, I'd say nothing to worry about. Sometimes when the phone comes up after a reboot it might happen if it can't immediately latch onto a network.

If it does this consistency, or while it's on, it jumps to emergency only, then let us know.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 6 of 25

Maybe I'm not getting this, but you should always see that icon on the unlock screen. It's so you can make a 911 call when the phone is locked.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 25

D'OH!

Good catch Matt - I was thinking it was above in the cell reception area. I missed that the OP said it was below.

Loooong day. Sorry

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 25

Crjdriver said:

mk1151 said:

View original

View original

By the way, Motorola has always recommended rebooting the phone once a day.  While a lot of us don't, and I must say I've gone months without rebooting, it does clear out some junk and keep the phone snappy. 

bwindell
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 25

I was using my phone this morning and laid it down for a few minutes. When I picked it back up, the above keypad screen was on for emergency calls only. I have rebooted the phone, removed and reinserted the SIMs card, to no avail. It will not go away. Anyone have any suggestions?

My phone is a little over a year old. Thanks!

lewwill
802.11n
Message 10 of 25

Brenda said:

I was using my phone this morning and laid it down for a few minutes. When I picked it back up, the above keypad screen was on for emergency calls only. I have rebooted the phone, removed and reinserted the SIMs card, to no avail. It will not go away. Anyone have any suggestions?

My phone is a little over a year old. Thanks!

View original

I see in your profile that you have a Razr M which explains how it is over a year old.  My wife has a Razr M and I have never seen that on hers or my Maxx other than after an FDR and before activating.  Have you tried the Razr M forum. 

https://forums.motorola.com/hives/cd0e7d2c52/summary.