Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PG1976
What's DOS?
Views: 329
Message 11 of 25

Re: Droid Maxx - Emergency Only

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

Maybe I'm not getting this, but you should always see that icon on the unlock screen. It's so you can make a 911 call when the phone is locked.

View original

Matt,

My Maxx does not have the Orange triangle or the ability to add emergency contacts. I took it to the store and they all agreed that Motorola removed that feature. How do we add emergency contacts for some one to see if we use a lock screen? All you see if a blank dialer.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 25

This app has been recommended by a forum moderator.  It does cost a few dollars, and there are other, similar apps in the Play store that are free.

Betty_Myers
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 25

It happened to me tonight. I rebooted but it's still there.

gmw
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 25

Just rec'd a new Photon Q LTE { replacement}  Left phone on the table & when I picked up- the emergency call dialer screen was on.

Rebooted several times- still there. Can't access the menu.  Removed the sims card { it was from my old phone}- This is a new phone.

Any suggestions?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 15 of 25

gmw said:

Just rec'd a new Photon Q LTE { replacement}  Left phone on the table & when I picked up- the emergency call dialer screen was on.

Rebooted several times- still there. Can't access the menu.  Removed the sims card { it was from my old phone}- This is a new phone.

Any suggestions?

View original

You should post this in the Photon Q LTE community. You will get much better answers from the owners of that phone. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 16 of 25

@GMW. Post in Photon Q community. We can help you there.

Mark.
Forums Manager
Mark
Former Employee
Navid_Anjum
Fanfold Paper
Message 17 of 25

I have an issue.I accidently selected the radio band of my droid maxx to USA band and after that it lost the signals.I tried to switch it back to CELLULAR band but all useless it shows as if it is selected but signal do not available to mobile.I did not carry out the FDR uptill now.The band selection was carried out in Phone Info menue.
Images are attached.I belong to some asian country.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 18 of 25

What you're showing us is a hidden menu that requires a special code to reveal.  The reason those menus are hidden is because it is extremely easy to completely disable your phone's ability to make calls in those menus, and sometimes, the change is impossible to reverse.

Unfortunately, our Forum House Rules prohibit the discussion of hidden menus, and we are unable to help you.  I wish we could, but if you can't set it back to the original setting, there's nothing we can do.  You can try a factory data reset, but in another situation similar to yours, it didn't help.

doogald
802.11n
Message 19 of 25

That doesn't look like a hidden menu - that looks like the app LTE On/Off for Thunderbolt, which is in the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

I don't really know an answer to the question, though I'd suggest maybe changing the "Set preferred network type" to "LTE/CDMA/EvDO" and then back again to what you are using now and see if you can get it to work.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 25

Nice link.  Says the app isn't available in my country.  surprise

Anyway, that image is a hidden menu.  Maybe the app takes you there.