Did you mean: 
doogald
802.11n
Views: 218
Message 21 of 25

Re: Droid Maxx - Emergency Only

crystallet said:

Nice link.  Says the app isn't available in my country.  surprise

Anyway, that image is a hidden menu.  Maybe the app takes you there.

View original

I'm not sure which country you're in; I just had it reinstall from the Play Store last night when I did a factory data reset. I'm in the US. Again, it's in the Play Store, approved by Google, installs on a Verizon phone. (The app is open sourced even and available from other sources, according to the description.) I've used it in the past to turn off LTE, as I live in a place with a very weak LTE signal. The Maxx will try to connect to LTE if it can, even if there is a stronger EvDO signal that it can use. This app allows you to control that, at least until the next time the phone is restarted.

That menu is definitely in the app. Tap the three dot menu control top right, choose the top option "Select radio band".

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 22 of 25

doogald said:

crystallet said:

Nice link.  Says the app isn't available in my country.  surprise

Anyway, that image is a hidden menu.  Maybe the app takes you there.

View original

I'm not sure which country you're in; I just had it reinstall from the Play Store last night when I did a factory data reset. I'm in the US. Again, it's in the Play Store, approved by Google, installs on a Verizon phone. (The app is open sourced even and available from other sources, according to the description.) I've used it in the past to turn off LTE, as I live in a place with a very weak LTE signal. The Maxx will try to connect to LTE if it can, even if there is a stronger EvDO signal that it can use. This app allows you to control that, at least until the next time the phone is restarted.

That menu is definitely in the app. Tap the three dot menu control top right, choose the top option "Select radio band".

View original

The United States of America.

Navid_Anjum
Fanfold Paper
Message 23 of 25

Thank you very much for your kind attitude.
Can you guide me please I even don't know which band to select so I may choose that prior selecting to preferred network.
Navid_Anjum
Fanfold Paper
Message 24 of 25

However, I tried that and after a while the answer was,"No LTE /CDMA networks were found. Would you like to switch to the Global mode? ".
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 25 of 25

I do not reveal the contents of private messages, but I feel it's okay to say this:  this user and I have had private discussions.  I know exactly how this phone got into the condition it's in and the method he used cannot be discussed in this forum.

Again, it may be that the app takes you to, or simulates the hidden menu, but the image we're seeing is a hidden menu.  If I were permitted to post the code that revealed the hidden menu, you could search it for yourself.

There is a similar problem in another community in this forum; that user is also unable to return the phone to its original setting and make it stick.  We have done some investigation and it appears that some changes in this menu are not reversible (as crazy as that seems), and it has been suggested that if Verizon could re-provision the phone, it might work. In both cases, the users took Verizon CDMA phones, and, in an effort to improve reception outside of the United States, tried to turn them into GSM only phones. 

By the way, tried that link again on a different network, and it's still telling me the same thing, and I'm still in the good old U.S. of A.